• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach vs Luigi?

Miniflight

Smash Rookie
Anyone have some advice/tips for the vs Luigi match up. So far this is what I've gathered.

-Don't float around too much he can jump fair fast
-Go out and punish the side+b when hes recovering
-Stuff some of his movement on the ground with aerials

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
Back air is really really good in this matchup. Floating at his head height and using back air drifting backwards is a really good tool in neutral, and turnips are really good as well, but try and use platforms wisely or pull them when he's SUPER far away or your will get punished by his insanely fast wavedash. Slow and very steady wins this matchup.

Miniflight

Smash Rookie
Back air is really really good in this matchup. Floating at his head height and using back air drifting backwards is a really good tool in neutral, and turnips are really good as well, but try and use platforms wisely or pull them when he's SUPER far away or your will get punished by his insanely fast wavedash. Slow and very steady wins this matchup.
Thanks so much for the help, I ended up losing to the Luigi after all. One thing I really noticed was the shield abuse, he would do a high dair on shield and so naturally I thought I could nair OOS or grab but he would squeeze in a nair before and it would knock me up and combo me into a uair or fair or something.

A good lesson learned though.

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
Thanks so much for the help, I ended up losing to the Luigi after all. One thing I really noticed was the shield abuse, he would do a high dair on shield and so naturally I thought I could nair OOS or grab but he would squeeze in a nair before and it would knock me up and combo me into a uair or fair or something.

A good lesson learned though.
No problem. Shield grabbing Luigi's double aerials on shield is usually a bad idea, but nair OOS works if the nair is not spaced correctly in most cases. if you don't think you can nair or grab, hold shield or roll away, but if he catches on to your rolls, he can waveland out of the first aerial and chase you. If you hold shield, his options are to usually nair to jab combo or grab. It can be a really strange matchup if you're not ready for it. Thankfully, my roommate used to main Luigi so I'm pretty familiar with most aspects of the matchup.

Buttknucks

Smash Rookie
Yeah with that wavedash unless you're on a different platform it's safe to assume he can pretty much reach you in very little time from anywhere.

DaNormZ

Smash Rookie
Luigi is super fast out of hits so you cant react like how you can with fox and etc. Use turnips and edge hog alot

Top Bottom