• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Vs Gannon

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Why is it that Peach has a tuff time with gannon. This is a fight I dont quite understand. It seems like even going all mindgames can still make the match hard for Peach. I guess I dont quite understand this match up well. I was watching ryoko vis magus ( think I spelled his name right) He had a hard time against magus. How is a Peach really suppose to fight gannon. Go to him, attack his, space her attack on him, etc. Does anyone find this rare that gannon can give Peach a hard time then Peach can to him. Im not sure about this match up so excuse the last sentence if it sounds noobish. I just want some info on this match up. I know and character can do damage, shoot, even bowser can do some sick **** on Peach and own her life. But this fight I just find........weird. I believe its best to know all of Peaches match ups, cause you have no clue what you will fight to get far and stay on top, and I'll say this fight is one of them

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
1. spam turnips
2. realize peach is actually faster than ganon
3. abuse quick FC combos(see vanz thread on the peach pillar).
4. Don't be predictable with the downsmash
5. once hes off the stage, he should never be allowed back on...ever

match seems pretty even both ways. Both characters can **** each other

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark.Pch, there's that 'Peach's Royal Battle Room' topic for a reason...-_-
Dude, not everything needs to be in there, or else what is the point of making threads in here......common sense. and its best to make a thread about it so more info on this can be added, your other thread topics can come and go, can you like think for once before posting?...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I do, Dark.Pch, I do.

The reason why I made it because everytime, there are people who would ask the same questions, mostly how to deal with Peach's matches (such as from Marth, to Fox, and some others). Then, after when the topic eventually goes down (from lack of post) several weeks later, there's another one asking the same question. I just felt, to make it more organize and to let members see something, I make a topic where you could talk or critic the matchup and not have to worry about it dissipearing on you (since it'll be so active with the matchups and general peach questions).

But then again, I havn't done much to make it so the member doesn't have to search for the matchup. Starting today, I'm gonna fix that problem once and for all.

there's my 2 cents. Now I'm gonna put my imput on the Peach Vs. Ganon

----

Now, the reason why Ganon is a bit of a tough cookie is because he has nearly just as good air moves as Peach. His fairs are faster then Peachs, which means he could short hop spam you with them. His Uair makes a great edgehog for a Peach when she's out of the stage. And if he can't get her by his Uair, his Dair would spike her down to hell. He also as the option of using his bair as well.

That's why it's good for peach to get him in the air while he's on the ground. and it'll be good that he gets him in the air while she's on the ground. You need to space yourself well in this match up. WD back and do a foward smash on him or a quick Nair.

Once he's out of the stage, it'll be easy to edgehog him, since he needs to sweetspot the stage.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ganon is heavy, he is also one of the few characters who can **** her dsmash, basically, ganon wants you to spam dsmash

as a ganon user, one thing i'll say is never go above him, never, not even on a platform with dsmash, he likes being below, his uair will juggle you, if you miss a dsmash, a usmash will be waiting, just don't go above him

using turnips isn't even that good of an idea, he can do whatever, and damage is never a problem for ganon, he'll come back, also peach doesn't have an aerial spike/meteor, better for ganon, probably the only time to use turnips is when he's recovering, i should say the best time

peach's throw combo's work well, but not as well as ganon's do, but the best thing to do is pressure ganon as much as you can, stay close and make sure he doesn't hit you....cause it hurts

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The first step to defeating Ganon is to learn how to spell his name correctly.
seriously, was this really needed.......This game is more harder than it should be.........

And thanks for the others who gave thier advice. I think I should be expecting wierd things when I fight him again, and be ready for it

Prac352

Smash Lord
seriously, was this really needed.......This game is more harder than it should be.........

And thanks for the others who gave thier advice. I think I should be expecting wierd things when I fight him again, and be ready for it
You're making the english language "more harder than it should be."

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Heh heh...........It all makes sense now. And its something I cant seem to escape since I got into this game. And my point was just proven. Meh, oh well, this is getting boring anyway. I'll move on. I'll use the advice I got her for my future fights with Ganon. I'll just practiced getting my Peach better and take it from there. Im done here. Thanks guys, the info here helped alot.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Playing from the Ganon side, I have one piece of advice: <b>DON'T BE PREDICTABLE.</b> Whenever I play Ganon against some Peach players they are always very predictable and I know when they're gonna downsmash or do something else. When I know what they're gonna do, I just move out of the way, then punish with an fair. Most Ganons will punish with fair or bair. Some might get creative and punish with stomp, side B or down B. Try not to put yourself in that position.

Honestly, sometimes I just spam Ganon's fair and that crap actually works on Peach. Watch out for it. Oh and if you're anywhere above Ganon, especially on a platform, you're gonna get uaired.

The only Peach I can't beat with Ganon is SuperDoodleMan. Man that fight was embarrassing XD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Playing from the Ganon side, I have one piece of advice: <b>DON'T BE PREDICTABLE.</b> Whenever I play Ganon against some Peach players they are always very predictable and I know when they're gonna downsmash or do something else. When I know what they're gonna do, I just move out of the way, then punish with an fair. Most Ganons will punish with fair or bair. Some might get creative and punish with stomp, side B or down B. Try not to put yourself in that position. The only Peach I can't beat with Ganon is SuperDoodleMan. Man that fight was embarrassing XD
Yea Im hearing that alot. So I assume its best to even be random at times. But really throw Ganon off point. Guess Im gonna have to be all mindgames for this

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
The first step to defeating Ganon is to learn how to spell his name correctly.
Humor is opinionated, and if the speaker who writes his "humorous post" is not intelligent, then the post is not funny..............at all........:ohwell:

Redragon

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Just play a more reactive game than ganon. If you react to ganon's moves, you can cut his aerials. His fair and dair are both moves that can be easily stopped, if you aren't caught by surprise. There is no strong need to approach. If you try to play aggressive when you aren't supposed to, you will only get hit by an aerial by ganon, and ganon's aerials hurt.
Don't miss your dsmashes, because you're going to get stomped and take a lot of damage for it. Although, dsmashes still are very useful against ganon, because they flip him around. That cuts off him from using down-b to recover, and that makes his recovery even more predictable. Take advantage of this by making sure he never comes back to the stage.
Try not to edgeguard with dsmash, dtilt, or other ground moves like that, because they are ledge-techable, and any self-respecting ganon should be able to ledgetech. Instead, if you dont' feel like floating out and whacking his recovery, you can try doing a dair into an nair at the edge.
Or, you can always just throw turnips at his recovery. This makes it very annoying for the ganon player, and he might get frustrated and make more mistakes from that.

Also, it is much better to be beneath ganon than it is to be above him, as peach. So long as you aren't dsmashing, you can always hit him out of his dair with a utilt, usmash, an aerial, or up-b.

Be unpredictable with your recovery. Unless you are fighitng ganon on a stage like Yoshi's story (not a good idea), chances are, many of the time you would be recovering from ganon's hit, since although ganon's hits strong, you can still DI to survive reasonably well. Ganons have their individual edgeguarding tricks, but most common to expect would be reverse uairs and fair/bairs.

I play ganon, and I find peach to be a very frustrating matchup, mainly because i always get hit out of my aerials if i try to be aggressive.

Top Bottom