• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach Social Thread: Royal Discussions

Key313

Smash Cadet
Good stuff to SlayerZ and EOE in their tournaments. Rosalina is a hard matchup. Surprised EOE didn't use Toad on Ike's up b at all.

XinShot

Smash Apprentice
he needed to go off stage more, he respected her recovery way too much by just dairing off stage

Slayerz is so good. I'm happy he's finally getting the recognition he deserves.

He went from 250 to 430 followers overnight lol

https://twitter.com/slayerzpch

who wants to bet zero will make a video about peach in the meta game soon?

Last edited:

MiniSmasher

Smash Cadet
He performed really well, but I think you're right that he shouldn't have respected Rosa's recovery so much since it doesn't even have a hitbox. I wonder though if he was trying to catch a dair > fair combo for an early kill off-stage. Either way, he played very well. The up-smash baits with the dair were really good and he punished accordingly. Nice to see Peach being put on the map by a really good player!

ilysm

sleepy
wow

the entire peach boards with the hard read on that one

EDIT: I actually watched through the video and would actually like to address it maturely. I have mad respect for ZeRo as a player, but these panic-button post-tournament videos about x character's potential in the metagame sort of frustrate me. He does say a lot of truthful things:

"Peach has more potential than people realize"
"She has a pretty steep learning curve"
"She has really good combos and mixups"

but he also says a lot of things that are just blatantly not correct at all:

"Peach doesn't really lose to anyone"
"Peach doesn't have trouble against top-tier characters"
"Peach can't be camped"
"Peach's up-smash kills Sheik at 60%"

and it's a little ridiculous. I used to main Ness, and I recall something very similar happening when Shaky almost beat ZeRo at...I believe it was CEO. He said some pretty silly things ("Ness shouldn't be able to get a kill at 20% off of an air-dodge read") and since he has such a large following people tend to believe him. It's not the end of the world, but I do wish he'd be a bit more responsible about providing factual information to his huge fanbase.

Last edited:

XinShot

Smash Apprentice
wow

the entire peach boards with the hard read on that one

EDIT: I actually watched through the video and would actually like to address it maturely. I have mad respect for ZeRo as a player, but these panic-button post-tournament videos about x character's potential in the metagame sort of frustrate me. He does say a lot of truthful things:

"Peach has more potential than people realize"
"She has a pretty steep learning curve"
"She has really good combos and mixups"

but he also says a lot of things that are just blatantly not correct at all:

"Peach can't be camped"
"Peach's up-smash kills Sheik at 60%"

and it's a little ridiculous. I used to main Ness, and I recall something very similar happening when Shaky almost beat ZeRo at...I believe it was CEO. He said some pretty silly things ("Ness shouldn't be able to get a kill at 20% off of an air-dodge read") and since he has such a large following people tend to believe him. It's not the end of the world, but I do wish he'd be a bit more responsible about providing factual information to his huge fanbase.
someone explained it to me as zero makes these types of videos moreso for casual players than competitive

in the end it doesn't change much but it gets people talking and serves little purpose beyond that

Key313

Smash Cadet
Well said Indigeau.

Getting the up smash sweetspot is not that easy and it doesn't kill that early. It's comparable to Sheik's and it's on a much slower character. He mentioned that she is fast but she is top ten slowest in all categories outside of air speed which is in the middle just about. No easy/consistent kill setups either so landing the ko move is difficult at times. I often see many fishing for F-air a ton. Surprised it works so much. There are some other things I don't agree with but I'll just leave it at that.

She has faults but is a good character for sure. I just don't see top. Outside of a few characters he rates everyone highly.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Zero's videos are base-level assessments of characters meant to spark discussion, but it's not really as useful at this point into the game where we're focused on learning optimization and tech. Also his stupid conclusion-jumping habit totally ruins the videos lol.

He's been doing this since the 3DS days, but it's gotten worse, actually. At least he had an excuse to not be the most informative during the game's release weeks, because it's not like anyone knew much better. There was a need for him to do that.

I don't know whether or not this still continues out of his own volition or his scheduled content.

Also @ Peach not getting camped lmao. I mean you can make an argument that her mixup monster status allows her to have a decent chance against most of the top tiers, but like Peach's lack of ability to approach that well is her actual weakness.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I can see what he means. In Zero's defense, most Peach players believe Sheik is her hardest match-up, but in practice she doesn't do that badly at all. It's not (only) for the reasons he states (Peach's Usmash killing at 60), rather it's because of her Bair beating Sheik's options, Nair being safe and strong option (it has only 11 frames of lag after all, that's very little), Fair being EXTREMELY scary (it's slow but outranges everything and kills at LOL %s), along with other stuff such as Peach players optimizing their float movement and combos. The match-up feels disadvantageous because of Sheik's crazy frame data and combo's, but in reality that's what all character struggle with vs Sheik, and relative to other characters Peach seems to do much better. The same thing goes for a character like Luigi: Dthrow > Down B killing at crazy percentages leaves a lot of Peach players thinking Luigi wrecks her, whereas in reality a lot of characters struggle with it, and Peach actually does a much better job at avoiding grabs/pressuring Luigi than most other characters. We may underestimate our strengths in our bad match-ups a little bit.

Also @ Peach not getting camped lmao. I mean you can make an argument that her mixup monster status allows her to have a decent chance against most of the top tiers, but like Peach's lack of ability to approach that well is her actual weakness.
I don't think it's because of a lack of approach. I believe it's mostly because of her slow movement speed. Peach plently of safe options (Dair, Fair, Bair, Nair, Turnips, Dtilt) on shield and she can move swiftly towards and away from her opponent while/before/after attacking. With her aerials you have the choice between ground floating, floating above your opponent, floating and then falling down on your opponent, shorthopping etc. She has plently of options, and can also mix-up very well with grab, which makes a pretty strong approaching game. The problem with projectile-based characters is, is that they get to shoot a lot of projectile while you're on your way to them. For example, Link can't afford to throw a lot of projectiles vs Sheik. Sheik's dash is very fast, so at best he will have barely enough time to pick a bomb or throw a boomerang. Vs. Peach, he has plenty of time to pick a bomb, throw a boomerang, make a cup of coffee, shoot an arrow etc. because it takes way longer to get to him. She can get to them, but it takes much more patience than it does with characters that have a faster dash speed.

Last edited:

Key313

Smash Cadet
I feel no matchup is unwinnable with her. I always find some things in my favor and others in theirs. Even matches though with the higher characters? I'm not sure. It's just execution which makes things harder than the others. Never found Luigi that hard honestly. As you said we can evade him a lot and a lot is safe due to his traction. When he is offstage he really suffers and we shine there. If he had air speed I think it would be much harder as he could F-air you out of the air easily.

Something I notice is that people freeze up when you are floating and that they should challenge it instead. Facing the opponent the weakness is in the front as F-air is slow. Characters like Sheik, Diddy and Ness can swat you with a F-air if you are up there and get out with no trouble if the Peach is not up there. Can even catch you on the ground as you are not short. Up tilts from some others are a pain as well. So basically it should be treated the same way you do ROB's N-air. Beat it early rather than trying to wait and then punish.

PeachBooty

Smash Apprentice
I approach 100% of the time as Peach. I've never sat back and waited, or played defensively in any given moment of any match I've ever had. I throw out baits here and there, but I'm always rushdown/mix-up. However, that's true for me in every fighting game.

Why? Because playing defensively is really boring and people couldn't possibly have fun doing it? Maybe... but no, not really. It's mainly because I just personally suck at playing defensively. My reaction time is god awful, and I can't force myself to play in a style that's not me at all.

Does that mean I don't shield or can't block in fighting games? Again, no not really. It's more of an instinct thing with me. I block way better in games that don't have a block button, like Street Fighter. So, you don't have to commit to the block.

Anyways... back to the point of approaching with Peach. I love Peach in general. Favorite video game character by far, but regardless of that, if she wasn't in this game, I would HATE it SO MUCH! I tell people a lot, that I personally believe she is the only character in this game that you can actually consistently play offensively and still succeed, despite her slower speed. Oh... and Mario too. My teammate (who mains Mario) and I can only play 100% offensively, and we are undefeated in doubles. They have the best movement options in the game, and they have great safe aerials. I know people could probably list other characters as well, but in my personal opinion, everybody else in this game is boring af to play (with the exception of trolling with Bowser Jr.) lol.

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
Why? Because playing defensively is really boring and people couldn't possibly have fun doing it? Maybe... but no, not really. It's mainly because I just personally suck at playing defensively. My reaction time is god awful, and I can't force myself to play in a style that's not me at all.
I too attempt to play Peach as if she were a rush down character.

What even are turnips?

derpbruh

Smash Rookie
I too like to always have a turnip with me. I thought that Peach's slower pluck speed compared to Brawl and Melee would encourage me to walk away from my love for turnips, but nope, I still love 'em. :p I mainly do it to always keep up a pressure game; keeping the opponent guessing if I'm gonna use it immediately, approach with a descending out-of-float dair and then throw, Z-drop the turnip to follow up with a quick nair, throw it up in the air to limit their aerial approach, whatever. Even if I'm on the opposite side of the stage as the opponent, having a turnip always forces them to consider how to approach because there are so many options for Peach.

derpbruh

Smash Rookie
And every turnip pluck is a chance at spinning the wheel to get a stitch-face, bob-omb, or mr. saturn.

XinShot

Smash Apprentice
turnips are so good idk how some of y'all peach mains don't use them

throw combos, mix ups, and added damage, not to mention an instant like 70%-100% possible shield damage and even a kill move

turnips are so good off stage and cover options so well

KanjiGames

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kanji12
The last few days I spend a lot of time practicing Peachs movement tchniques (mostly QFR's) but I can see almost no improvement at all.
Do you Guys have some tipps how I might can learn some of the techniques a little bit faster or some training routines which help me to keep motivated or even enjoy this?

The techs I focus on are:
QFR
Extended dash dance / Dance trotting
Pervect Pivots

ilysm

sleepy
Well, all I can tell you is keep at it. It took me ages to get Peach's tech down. Grinding tech is never fun until you're good at it. Then it's one of the most fun things in the world. Don't get discouraged! You'll get it. ^_^

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
The last few days I spend a lot of time practicing Peachs movement tchniques (mostly QFR's) but I can see almost no improvement at all.
Do you Guys have some tipps how I might can learn some of the techniques a little bit faster or some training routines which help me to keep motivated or even enjoy this?

The techs I focus on are:
QFR
Extended dash dance / Dance trotting
Pervect Pivots
When I was first getting into peach I honestly spent a whole month everyday just trying to get down qfr, perfect pivots etc. The only tech i found extremely useful and have the most applications in a real tournament situation is perfect pivot tilts, turnip throws and fsmash etc, and also JCFF. Perfect pivot ftilt expecially can really help your combo game and lead into some silly stuff mid combo. I never saw the use of QFR tbh, sometimes in matches i'll do it but throw out a nair along with it, but its usually really unsafe and when your opponent catches on it no longer becomes a option. Usually when i play peach dittos with someone, or even watch peach players who do qfr, they do it when theyre miles away from theyre opponent, and they just seem like theyre in tunnel vision. When it happens in peach dittos i just stand still while theyre fumbling around the stage trying to act cool and throw a turnip at them.

As peach i do not think learning dance trotting is essential. but thats just me, you might find something really cool with it for her. Peach's fox trot it already super easy and simple to do. i find it more applicable and more needed for peach in the neutral anyway c:

Focus on combos, mixing up pressure, and utilizing turnips. that should be your main focus when learning peach. Only learn and practice tech you find useful and necessary which imo as peach is JCFF

Last edited:

Royal_Tea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Royal_MC7
I approach 100% of the time as Peach. I've never sat back and waited, or played defensively in any given moment of any match I've ever had. I throw out baits here and there, but I'm always rushdown/mix-up. However, that's true for me in every fighting game.

Does that mean I don't shield or can't block in fighting games? Again, no not really. It's more of an instinct thing with me. I block way better in games that don't have a block button, like Street Fighter. So, you don't have to commit to the block.

Anyways... back to the point of approaching with Peach. I love Peach in general. Favorite video game character by far, but regardless of that, if she wasn't in this game, I would HATE it SO MUCH! I tell people a lot, that I personally believe she is the only character in this game that you can actually consistently play offensively and still succeed, despite her slower speed. Oh... and Mario too. My teammate (who mains Mario) and I can only play 100% offensively, and we are undefeated in doubles. They have the best movement options in the game, and they have great safe aerials. I know people could probably list other characters as well, but in my personal opinion, everybody else in this game is boring af to play (with the exception of trolling with Bowser Jr.) lol.
I agree with you 100% although I can play defensive well (playing tekken for years has taught me that lol), but it does bore me. I get criticized for playing too aggressive with Peach where I almost always have a turnip in hand and don't mind chasing people off stage. The only characters besides Peach that are fun are villager, Marth, and Zelda. Despite Villager being defense oriented, I prefer getting up close because my friends hate it when I use him and counterpick characters with reflectors.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I was wondering... Do you know how to outlame an already lame Fox ? Like I get spammed by his blaster shot and whenever I try to get close they run away one way or another and then repeat the process. It's kind of infuriating because then they ony have to wait for you to approach and up smash you. I feel it's one of Peach's worst match-ups ?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
You're gonna have to approach him, throw out hitboxes, and hope he reacts wrong. Basically you have to bait and punish hard because you're not going to win neutral against him ever.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Thanks. Can we interrupt his side B ?
Thats super easy for peach. Ground float aerials are the best punish.Try using a turnip to interrupt it His side b is super unsafe in this mu. Experiment different ways to punish

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Thanks gurl ! Always thought it was invincible for some reason so I didn't try to challenge it. Should have tried but it didn't come to mind.

PeachBooty

Smash Apprentice
So, I work as a game tester for Activision, with about a hundred or so people on day shift, and during lunch and any other break, a large group of us play Smash 4. I'm already known as the best player there, and I utilize the Peach Booty as much as possible. So, I've pretty much showcased how crazy powerful Peach's booty game really is.

Anyways... when I pick I Peach, I usually win, even in 8-player Smash, and everyone's always like, "The BOOTY! Use the Booty!" BUTT today was really hype, and I thought I should share it here. During our last 15 minute break today, tons of people were watching, and we had 8 people playing. Towards the end of the match, I was just KOing everyone with Peach's Bair, and everyone once again was like, "Oh, the BOOTY!", "Dat BOOTY tho!" and stuff like that. So, it's down to me and this other guy, who I believe was using Iggy (Bowser Jr.), and everyone wanted me to KO with the booty, and I had 2 stocks left. So, I get him with an OoS Bair from center stage, and people thought that it was finished, BUTT he barely survived. So, I jump up and go for the hard read Peach Bomber off-stage, and he carted right into the end of it. Peach's phat ass easily won that battle, and sent him flying. It obviously KOed, and everyone went hype af, lol. I just wanted to set down the controller and leave, haha. Probably my favorite moment that I've had in Smash! Just proud to rep that Peach Booty! :D

wilbo

Smash Rookie
Been having a hard time getting JCFF down. Dark.Pch's tutorial states the input is Hold Jump + Control stick down -> release Jump

But this just slow falls. I have to return control stick to center and tap it down again to get FF. Am I messing something up here?

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
What do you think if Jen Taylor stayed to voice on Super Smash Bros Brawl and 4 instead of Samantha Kelly?

When I pick the princess and first listen to Kelly on Brawl and Mario Kart Wii(mostly), she made Peach sound annoying for me and I could not stand listening to her voice, but I got to used it eventually and have no problems with her voice without having to turn my tv down a bit. I grew fond of Kelly alittle bit and think that she's doing great so far on Peach's voice, but I still think Taylor is number one for being the perfect voice actor for Peach while Kelly is second in my opinion. To me, I don't have no problems with Taylor voicing Peach in Brawl and 4, but if she does, then her voice clips on those games may be even better than the ones on Melee.

Here's the pictures if you want to know what the actors look like on the spoiler list.

Jen Taylor:

Samantha Kelly:

Last edited:

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
In love with the turnip throw offstage, jump, f-air (then auto-regrabbing turnip), and throwing the turnip again, day1 combo :love:

jugeeya

Smash Rookie
Been having a hard time getting JCFF down. Dark.Pch's tutorial states the input is Hold Jump + Control stick down -> release Jump

But this just slow falls. I have to return control stick to center and tap it down again to get FF. Am I messing something up here?
It's a very finnicky input that's hard to get without practice. If you're pressing the control stick down twice then you're doing it wrong, which is how I too used to do it :p The "control stick down --> release jump" stage should occur veeery quickly. Some were saying that it's easier to do when slowed down in Training but I honestly find it harder for some reason. I think the easiest height to practice with is ~almost full hop height.

I still can't do it with full consistency though, maybe someone else has some tips too ^^

SillySymphony

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1977-0515-5257
I was playing with a bunch of friends last night and it made me think how much better peach would be in this game if they would just buff her turnips. I don't see at all why they were made to be so much worse in this game than in any other. I feel like if they made the pull faster, the throwing distance larger, and made them ACTUALLY BOUNCE OFF SHEILDS, then peach would seriously jump up in terms of viability. I don't even care if they never buff anything else about her in the future just as long as they improve the turnips in some sort of way. Does anybody else agree?

busken

Smash Ace
I don't know all of the tech yet, but which moves of Peach are safe on whiff? I see EOE use what seems to be Float Canceled B-air which seems to have like no end lag. But what other moves?

EOE

Smash Apprentice

U-air going under charge shots. lmao
The timing is surprisingly easy. =)

--

I don't know all of the tech yet, but which moves of Peach are safe on whiff? I see EOE use what seems to be Float Canceled B-air which seems to have like no end lag. But what other moves?
Peach's aerials in general are relatively safe as long as you fade back while floating.
Ground float N-air, Float D-air, Autocancel F-air / B-air, etc.

Side-B is also really good on shield because you can double jump or float out of it so quickly.

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
Oh my, that was gorgeous.

Does it work against other attacks and charge shots? Seems like up-air has a lot of hidden potential.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Oh my, that was gorgeous.

Does it work against other attacks and charge shots? Seems like up-air has a lot of hidden potential.
It seems like it could work on a lot of attacks. It's just more viable to do vs projectiles such as the charge shot because it's easy to see coming. =)

PeachBooty

Smash Apprentice
I was playing with a bunch of friends last night and it made me think how much better peach would be in this game if they would just buff her turnips. I don't see at all why they were made to be so much worse in this game than in any other. I feel like if they made the pull faster, the throwing distance larger, and made them ACTUALLY BOUNCE OFF SHEILDS, then peach would seriously jump up in terms of viability. I don't even care if they never buff anything else about her in the future just as long as they improve the turnips in some sort of way. Does anybody else agree?
Making the turnip pull faster is the only buff she needs imo. I'm fine with the rest.

Top Bottom