• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Secondary or Duel Main

Hero_of_Time

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody! I'm a Peach main and I have been doing quite well, but I feel that I am limiting myself by just playing one character. I was just curious what you other Peach mains use as secondaries and why for match up reasons. I seem to have the most trouble with Marth and Fox. Idk if I should learn another character for those match ups or to just get better at using Peach.

Most of the competition you will ever meet can be beaten with a singular character. Peach, Jiggs, Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik are such characters.

Hero_of_Time

Smash Rookie
I've read the guide a few times. It is very helpful, but applying it in games is still tough. Especially spaced FC Bairs. I never get these right and usually get punished. I resort to going extremely turnip campy which might not always be the best strategy. I don't always lose to Marth, but there seems to be a lot popping up and I usually get knocked out of brackets by a Marth. It made me lose faith in Peach a bit. You guys are helping though.

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
Don't get discouraged. Keep trying at it because it's a really good matchup to learn because a lot of players like to switch to Marth just to counterpick you. A tip on back-airing: NEVER FC back-air fast fall high. Do them very low, for the most part. If you're running away from Marth, there are a number of options you have, depending on your opponent.

1: Run away > FC bair. This will punish him if he tries to chase you down with something like a dash attack, or if he's just not expecting you to do it.

2: Run away > wavedash dance dash attack. This is something I like to do when they try to chase me down with a short hop fair. It will most likely trade or go through the fair.

3: Run away > reverse short hop short hop turnip throw > float/ reverse full hop turnip throw > float. This is used to cover your approaches after retreating if you have a turnip. You usually end up nairing after the short hop float and fairing after the full hop float.

4: Run away > turn around shield. Or, if you don't have enough time, shield before you turn around. This is just something to do if you can't get away in time, but be careful. You could easily be grabbed out of this.

5: Run away > turnip pull. Be EXTREMELY aware when you do this because you can get punished big time if you do it too close to Marth.

Don't overuse any of these if you choose to use them. Mixing them up is the best way to go. These are just some things I use in the matchup, so they may or may not be the "right" options, but they are things that work for me.

Last edited:

The_Most_Effectual

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EarthBoundNerdC
I have a similar problem. I was a Marth main since I started playing, up until a couple of weeks ago when my playing partner switched mains to his secondary, so I switched to my own secondary, Peach, to level the playing field. I have more fun as Peach than Marth, but I still perform much better with him. My aforementioned playing partner-- the "Sheik main" (he's totally a Falcon main, he's just in denial)-- is the only person I have to play against on a regular basis, and he has the uncanny ability to somehow manage to get hit by every downsmash I throw out. This has fostered some bad habits in my Peach play, and that leads me to question whether I should go crawling back to Marth, stick with the uphill battle that is my Peach, or co-main them, which would be the obvious answer if I weren't so bad at the game. At this point, I think worrying about two characters is going to be too much, when I really should be worrying about simply getting better at the game. Any advice?

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
I have a similar problem. I was a Marth main since I started playing, up until a couple of weeks ago when my playing partner switched mains to his secondary, so I switched to my own secondary, Peach, to level the playing field. I have more fun as Peach than Marth, but I still perform much better with him. My aforementioned playing partner-- the "Sheik main" (he's totally a Falcon main, he's just in denial)-- is the only person I have to play against on a regular basis, and he has the uncanny ability to somehow manage to get hit by every downsmash I throw out. This has fostered some bad habits in my Peach play, and that leads me to question whether I should go crawling back to Marth, stick with the uphill battle that is my Peach, or co-main them, which would be the obvious answer if I weren't so bad at the game. At this point, I think worrying about two characters is going to be too much, when I really should be worrying about simply getting better at the game. Any advice?
When it all comes down to it, you should play whichever character you like playing more, regardless of which you perform better with. Even if you perform better with a character, that doesn't mean that character fits you as a player. My advice is to stick with the character you know for a fact you want to play. I also play Marth, but only for the Peach ditto, so you could also pull out Marth whenever you feel uncomfortable with a certain matchup. Having a pocket charcter is never a bad idea, but dual maining can mess you up more than playing a character you're worse at because you're constantly worrying about both of them.

Top Bottom