• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach main looking to get better

Nixter243

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,

Iv ben playing PM for a few months now, not very long.

I want to get better with peach. I have a lot of basic technical skill in place, such a wave dashing, dash dancing, float canceled attacks, basic edge guarding, teching, turnip throwing, chain grabbing.

The problem is I feel I have hit a wall where I not sure what to practice anymore, but I know I'm nothing compared to the good players.

What could I work on to be a peach main, general stuff and advanced stuff.

KFCutman

Smash Rookie
I'm not what I'd call a Peach main in Project M, but similar to you, I've also had this problem frequently when I attempted to pick up Meta Knight in both Brawl and PM.

This may sound generic, but perhaps working a bit on the Neutral and Punish games could work well for what you need, mainly against the good characters like Fox, Lucas, and Meta Knight.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot of basic technical skill in place, such a wave dashing, dash dancing,
I wouldn't recommend wavdashing too much with Peach as she has the worst wavedash in the game. However dashdancing is very good.

As for stuff to work on, edge guarding is huge. Float canceled nairs at the edge can spell a quick stock for a spacie. Turnips (as you know) are also very very good, dairing then d-throwing a turnip is very very good against characters with sucky recoveries such as Falco, Falcon, and Ganondorf.

Edgeguarding is what makes or breaks you as a peach main. Go on Training Mode and beginning with Wario go through every character (this might take up to a month) and disect their recovery & recovery options. Meta Knight is the hardest character to edgeguard because of his options, Falco is probably the easiest. Study these and you will receive a significant boost to your play level.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
I thought Wavedashing was always good?
It's not "always good" and considering peach has one of the worst wavedashes in the game and a lot of superior movement optio9ns such as float it's just not her thing
Armada doesn't wavedash with Peach a whole lot. He dashdances much more, which is much better; alll wavedash does is give 10 frames of lag for the airdodge while with dashdance you can act much quicker

Top Bottom