• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach has a spike????

*dabs*3119

Smash Rookie
I was playing Peach against my brother's Captain Falcon and used down tilt as he jumped from the ledge. Surprisingly it hit with a super powerful spike. My video was corrupted so sadly I do not have it but I did find a video on youtube showcasing it. Anybody know about this or how it works?
The Link to the Video: https://youtu.be/8__QqC8W3T4

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
The upper hit of her down tilt is a meteor spike. It is rarely used in competitive play as it's super difficult to land and can be meteor canceled. It sometimes happens though.

GhostM

Phantom
Yes, Peach does have that on her dtilt, but rather a meteor smash instead of a spike. With spikes you cannot cancel the momentum by jumping out to recover. Her dtilt meteor only activates when the opponent is hit from the hitbox of her forearm rather than her hand itself. Just like what you did, it is often used against the ledge from the opponent recovering onstage. Because of how difficult and small the hitbox of Peach’s dtilt meteor, it’s really difficult to pull off against an aerial character, and is often used against the stage as a cool way to KO opponents, but can be meteor cancelled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom