• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Float cancelling discussion

TrashWizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
n1nj4t2
New tech i guess?
Not really sure if it is, please alert me if this is or is not a new tech.
In fact, Im not even certain about the inputs required to use this tech, but Ill give you guys and girls the general gist of the move.
Basically you need to float in air and then upair, and just as the first few twinkles emerge from the attack animation, buffer a fast fall during the opening hitbox and drop the float simultaneously. All it does is make Uair cancel, and has super hard timing, doubt it does much for peaches meta at all.
Once more, I am not sure how to preform this tech at all, I am just listing how I did it at the time.

Uses for this tech are limited, I suppose it is a tool that allows for platform shield pressure, however I don't know how much shield damage uair does per hitbox. At low percents this can be a mixup that leads to bairs

Unsure of why this happens, I am assuming its something to do with peaches float and the disjointed hitbox it has.

EDIT: Footage isnt uploading

EDIT 2:Just found out it doesnt even cancel it, it just removes future hitboxes while the animation still plays out, also, I have only found a way to do it while peach is facing right.

EDIT 3:Alright, I think I have a vague idea on what the inputs are:

Jump -> Float
Roll your thumb off the jump button if you are using X or Y when Uair comes out
then buffer fast fall or just hit down fast.

It works in both ways, and also, my previously mentioned method works as well as the ability to cancel it at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ximlee

Smash Cadet
This exists, it's just a regular float cancel with up air instead of nair

Sorry :c

TrashWizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
n1nj4t2
Its fine, I just wasnt really sure whether it was a new tech or not, say, how do you do the float cancel with Nair then? I would assume it is the same inputs just with a neutral air over an up air.

Also, thanks for compressing my posts, I was going to do that at some point.

Ximlee

Smash Cadet
Its fine, I just wasnt really sure whether it was a new tech or not, say, how do you do the float cancel with Nair then? I would assume it is the same inputs just with a neutral air over an up air.

Also, thanks for compressing my posts, I was going to do that at some point.
Yeah, it's more or less the same but with a diagonal input on your C stick

Top Bottom