• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach/Daisy Breakdown Video

LadyLuckHerself

Smash Rookie

Hello fellow Peach/Daisy mains! With our princesses looking so promising in Ultimate, I made a concise video breakdown of Peach/Daisy for new players interested in playing either of the Mario princesses and all their glory. I go over her moves, her neutral and include game play examples for execution! Let me know what you think, feel free to add to the conversation, and enjoy!

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
You know the parasol late hitbox knockback change might make those Armada suicide parasol stocks on fast fallers possible. Where he just juggles them by opening and closing parasol. It's going to be situational as hell if it is possible but it's worth noting.

Also, the crossunder made me think about ftilt a bit. Looks like at around 20-30% probably higher on fast fallers, you can ftilt crossunder pivot grab. Considering the sliding tilt AT in this game you could sliding ftilt to cross under pivotgrab. You need to not tipper it though, since tipper has a diagonal up and away launch angle it seems. I don't know what the utility to that would be though when I think about it more.

Last edited:

LadyLuckHerself

Smash Rookie
You know the parasol late hitbox knockback change might make those Armada suicide parasol stocks on fast fallers possible. Where he just juggles them by opening and closing parasol. It's going to be situational as hell if it is possible but it's worth noting.

Also, the crossunder made me think about ftilt a bit. Looks like at around 20-30% probably higher on fast fallers, you can ftilt crossunder pivot grab. Considering the sliding tilt AT in this game you could sliding ftilt to cross under pivotgrab. You need to not tipper it though, since tipper has a diagonal up and away launch angle it seems. I don't know what the utility to that would be though when I think about it more.
I'm actually not sure if this is something that works, but I have seen some of the heavier characters get kinda stuck on the parasol lingering hitbox when you just leave it open. I still wouldn't really risk it, and I think it should be a last ditch effort sort of thing.

Another thing is despite my detest for ftilt I've found it's actually surprisingly disjointed and covers quite a range in front of her. I agree with you that it can be used when the opponent crosses up on her shield, especially if their back is turned. I would even go as far as to say it's a good spacing move, but only if you're sure you have the read. It's still a bit laggy on whiff and has virtually no push back.

And thank yall for the positive feedback! I'll try to get more videos like this out there C:

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
Awesome guide! Hey, how would you deal :ultyoshi: with as :ultdaisy:? I’m seriously struggling in that match up.

LadyLuckHerself

Smash Rookie
Awesome guide! Hey, how would you deal :ultyoshi: with as :ultdaisy:? I’m seriously struggling in that match up.
I haven't the chance to play a Yoshi in Ultimate yet, but in my experience he loses to shield unless if he is command grab heavy, in which case he loses to spotdodge/turnip. I would suggest staying grounded and poking him down with turnips until he attacks your shield, then turn around and grab him because he'll most likely cross you up with aerials. Proceed with combos and profit! You'll probably have to trade with a fair to net the kill C:

Mr. Grabs

Smash Cadet
This is a great video LadyLuckHerself LadyLuckHerself .

What are your primary bread and butter grab combos you are using for Peach? Preferably low percentage stuff and stuff that works on multiple characters.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Down Throw + Back air is the ****.

It works at 0% and at like 120% for some characters. Sometimes the opponent will DI out of it, but use Nair instead of Back Air and you're good.

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
I haven't the chance to play a Yoshi in Ultimate yet, but in my experience he loses to shield unless if he is command grab heavy, in which case he loses to spotdodge/turnip. I would suggest staying grounded and poking him down with turnips until he attacks your shield, then turn around and grab him because he'll most likely cross you up with aerials. Proceed with combos and profit! You'll probably have to trade with a fair to net the kill C:

Okay! I’ll give that shot! Two more questions lol.

How do you deal with Sword Characters as Peach/Daisy?

And how can you combo Pichu/Jigglypuff?

Top Bottom