• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach 0-death combo viability

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure we've all seen the video of Umeki vs VoiD where he threw out some shade with a new 0-death combo. If you haven't seen it, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S07OS0NDSAk

Personally, I had no idea this was a thing and I've decided that I want to try and learn it. It's going to take a very long time but I'd like to have that skill under my belt. I have a few questions about it though:

1) Does this combo work on every character in the cast? It seems like Sheik is just barely within range of being hit with the rainbow but I assume people like Kirby, Pikachu, Little Mac, etc would be improbable to use this against because of their height.

2) Does this combo work at any percent or is it the best to set up at 0-10% where D throw doesn't send people up high?

3) Is the combo better suited against fast fallers or will it work on floaty characters like Peach, Rosie, Luigi, etc?

4) I tried doing this in training mode on a slow speed to get the feel of the controls so I'm wondering how exactly this is pulled off? From what I see it's SH > Footstool > Float Cancel > FF Uair because I was able to do that 2 consecutive times at a super slow speed.

So for buttons (I play with tap jump on a GC controller) it would be Y button SH > Y Footstool > Y + Down Float > C stick Uair I think...

I hope people have answers to this because if I'm going to learn it I'd like to know exactly who it's viable against before I start throwing it out against specific match-ups.

- I also waited to post this after the patch because I mentioned this to my friends and they warned me that it would be removed or something like that (yeah... no.) but according to patch notes Peach was unchanged so I guess it still works!

snackwel5

Smash Rookie
The infinite combo has a lot of limitations, like some characters will go into tumble after foot-stool so you need to do another jab reset, and some characters are just too short. This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkr7n3ecrFk shows how to do it, and also has a list of characters it works on below.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Ugh

Too fast for my hands. I dont think I could ever master this not that i would want to

Top Bottom