• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Payout estimates on SmashBoards brackets

Dino Domain

Smash Rookie
On tournament results like this one for Pound 3 where prizes weren't published, why is it only show estimated payouts for the top 3? I thought most tournament pay out to top 5, especially a big one like Pound 3. I'm working on entering some stuff into http://esportsearnings.com and it would be nice if results were as accurate as possible. If any database managers see this could this possibly be changed, thanks.

(BTW I don't know if this is the right place to post this)

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Really depends on tournaments, some pay top 3, some winner takes all, some top 8, etc.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
On tournament results like this one for Pound 3 where prizes weren't published, why is it only show estimated payouts for the top 3? I thought most tournament pay out to top 5, especially a big one like Pound 3. I'm working on entering some stuff into http://esportsearnings.com and it would be nice if results were as accurate as possible. If any database managers see this could this possibly be changed, thanks.

(BTW I don't know if this is the right place to post this)
Before this update, earnings had never been set for any event in our system. Now that we're adding it, all events of a certain size fall back on a default payout spread based on the category they are in (local, regional, etc).
the current default only pays 3 spots for each category and are probably very inaccurate. when we regenerate (the 28th) the new payout defaults will be 3 spots for locals, top 6 for regionals, and top 8 for nationals/internationals. The original uploader for each event can now go in and check 'use custom earnings' and enter the exact payout structure themselves.

keep in mind these amounts are meant to be estimates only, but any improvements in accuracy are of course welcome. Maybe we can start a thread where people can post corrections and mods can go in and change them manually.

Last edited:

Dino Domain

Smash Rookie
Awesome, I'll be looking forward to the new DB. Another issue right now is that the system seems to award money to the top three of some of the pools brackets, which I'd assume didn't happen irl. Also, what exactly is the default inputs for entry fee set to right now?

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
Awesome, I'll be looking forward to the new DB. Another issue right now is that the system seems to award money to the top three of some of the pools brackets, which I'd assume didn't happen irl. Also, what exactly is the default inputs for entry fee set to right now?

if earnings are being awarded to pools the uploader put them into the wrong category. if it says they are in the right category but earnings are showing up, it will probably fix itself after the rebuild

the current default for all events is something like 60-30-10 or 70-20-10 but it doesn't matter, all events will have new default earnings applied based on their category after the 28th (custom earnings entered by the uploader will be preserved, only defaults will be overwritten). events uploaded after yesterday should start showing the new defaults for their category (for locals its a mix of the two spreads above, 64-26-10)

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
To be honest, I don't even pay attention to it. I realize it's an "estimate" and not meant to be accurate. On a side note though... not that I've won many tournaments, but I'd like to know what I did with my prize money, haha

Top Bottom