• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.1.1 and Doggy

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
GRAB COMBO!! FIXED SMASHES!! LESS ENDLAG ON CLAY PIGEON! FAIR AUTOCANCEL!

All things we didn't get! =D

....at least how it seems. % for damage hs not changed for any moves. Going into lab now.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Brb, boarding the Sheik train, choooo chooooo!

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Duck Hunt has no changes except for a element change on a windbox on (all 3) Can; no idea, didn't know this hitbox existed.
As confirmed by Thinkaman looking though data files / data dumps.

Sad, but it could be worse =] Lucina and Marth nerfs (totally uncalled for) and Luigi nerfs. Nintendo is paying attention, Thinkaman also mentioned Samus buffs (they seemed major). Check out the sticked change thread in the comprtetive forum, I'll check when I wake up again later.

Wizpiggleton

Smash Rookie
Well according to this patch, people will react less quickly from shielding Duck Hunt projectiles so that's good. Our aerials are also just a bit safer on shield as well.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Well according to this patch, people will react less quickly from shielding Duck Hunt projectiles so that's good. Our aerials are also just a bit safer on shield as well.
Source please. Thinkaman said nothing about this.

Wizpiggleton

Smash Rookie
Source please. Thinkaman said nothing about this.
I'm referring to the global changes, simply blocked attacks put people under more hitstun.

Then I thought about duck hunt, and I'm pretty sure that means every projectile and aerial etc. is safer.
Duck hunt can greatly improve his game around this change I believe.

Global Changes
  • The latest season of Doctor Who has started, ~BREATHE~ fortunately Sundays are far far away
  • Shield damage on tech get up attack decreased across the cast 10 → 8
  • Shield stun mechanics altered: formula assumed: [(damage / 1.8)+3] over (damage/2.56) [?]
  • Invincibility on back roll and air dodges reduced by 1 [?]
http://smashboards.com/threads/magical-engimatic-land-1-1-1-patch-notes.419067/page-9

Last edited:

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
You ever play Marvel vs Capcom? Praying this means we get that kind of assist-and-swarm kind of blockstrings. We lock the shield or get combos. I dunno. I'm hoping je plays like i wanted him to when i first started.

They won't just give us killing power so I'll takes it where i gets it.

Wizpiggleton

Smash Rookie
You ever play Marvel vs Capcom? Praying this means we get that kind of assist-and-swarm kind of blockstrings. We lock the shield or get combos. I dunno. I'm hoping je plays like i wanted him to when i first started.

They won't just give us killing power so I'll takes it where i gets it.
That's exactly the feeling I'm getting.

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
GRAB COMBO!! FIXED SMASHES!! LESS ENDLAG ON CLAY PIGEON! FAIR AUTOCANCEL!

All things we didn't get! =D

....at least how it seems. % for damage hs not changed for any moves. Going into lab now.
They didn't at least fix the slide glitch?

I'm going to double-check and see if there's any changes to the Mac KO moves too.

If I find it isn't fixed, I will be grabbing my pitchfork and torch set and going into Miiverse and posting for every day that smash slide glitch remains unfixed and complaining.

Anyone else is welcome to join me in my one-man mob.

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
Title should say 'Patch 1.1.1'.

This service announcement brought to you by the angry DHD mob of one, armed with pitchforks and torches.

Last edited:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
I'm referring to the global changes, simply blocked attacks put people under more hitstun.

Then I thought about duck hunt, and I'm pretty sure that means every projectile and aerial etc. is safer.
Duck hunt can greatly improve his game around this change I believe.

Global Changes
  • The latest season of Doctor Who has started, ~BREATHE~ fortunately Sundays are far far away
  • Shield damage on tech get up attack decreased across the cast 10 → 8
  • Shield stun mechanics altered: formula assumed: [(damage / 1.8)+3] over (damage/2.56) [?]
  • Invincibility on back roll and air dodges reduced by 1 [?]
http://smashboards.com/threads/magical-engimatic-land-1-1-1-patch-notes.419067/page-9
I dunno if it improves Doggy any, so much as makes offensive play better for everyone, less risk. I could see Gunmen leading to bigger follow ups, Can being able to wall people out better, but at the same time, it could make Pac-Man's hydrant game that much better as well.

Wizpiggleton

Smash Rookie
The only thing I'm pointing out is that our approaches are now safer, I feel being a campy duck hunt will be detrimental at this point actually. The beauty is mostly in that delayed projectiles have to be respected. I never saw duck hunt as being reliant on shielding compared to many other characters. His out of shield options are pretty dismal without a projectile set-up in place.

It improves the guy mostly because he follow up more consistently and use his side aerials with less room for punishment.

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
What slide glitch?
You can see the thread on it here. Basically, some sort of mysterious red beam (some sort of targeting system? It seems to indicate the rough angle of the shots) hits the opponent out of the way of the shots.

It's basically how the 0% Little Mac KO move works - I position DHD to set up Mac so he bypasses the second shot (which is again, part of the 'slide glitch') on down smash A.

All of the smash moves are affected, but forward smash A is the only one who 'truly' has the glitch.

[By 'truly' I mean the red beam: only forward smash gets that. The others fail because the angle the opponent is juggled simply misses the second to third shot juggle in both down smash and up smash because Nintendo didn't properly factor in opponents who intersect DHD and thus didn't calculate the appropriate delays or angle.]

Last edited:
Top Bottom