• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.1.0 Changes to Doggy

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
So apparently, according to some data found on some website that analyzes the fighting data for Doggy, something HAS been changed about him.

Now we just have to FIND said changes. I'll be going Doggy labbing for a while when I get a chance, keep your eyes peeled everyone.

Blumiere

Professional Can Pilot
EDIT: I now have more correct information on a post a few posts below this one.

Last edited:

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I am wrong and I am not used to using it, but is Duck Hunt's up tilt not as fast as it used to be?

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
So they're saying over on the findings page that Duck Hunt's first two jabs have been changed. They have multiple hitboxes with differing angles. Hopefully this ain't the only change.

Blumiere

Professional Can Pilot
From the official community patch note thread:
:4duckhunt:Duck Hunt
  • Jab
    • First and second strike now have two hitboxes with differing angles
    • Third strike damaged increased 4% → 5%
    • Third strike hitbox growth 130 → 125, base 40 → 50, size 5.0 → 5.8, vertical displacement 4.5 → 5.5
    • Rapid finisher hitbox no longer stretches vertically
  • Forward Smash Second and Third hitbox sizes increased 4.5/5.1 → 5.2/7.0
This seems to line up well with the raw data dump found here: http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/raw/diff-128-144/duckhunt.html

Last edited:

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
Buff indeed let's hope that we don't have opponents jumping out of our Fsmashes

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Essentially, F-Smash has gone from being a straight line, into turning into a cone, meaning it's larger and easier to land IN THEORY.

I haven't been able to test it yet, but I am going to a fest later today, so everyone continue to keep your eyes open and share your results.

Pyro-is-Magic

Smash Cadet
Was testing around with F-Smash. It is bigger which is nice. It still has inconsistent hitboxes however and will still whiff a lot. All in all not much of a change.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Yea he's 99% still the same crappy character

Imo the best buff would probably be to clay pigeon to make it have a hitbox sooner/better hitbox, maybe last longer or have slightly less endlag too. When hitting at close range it has easy true combo kill combos (delay to upair/bair/nair) if going for it at such close range wasn't so risky, he'd be much better. (Think how ZSS uses her blaster)

It'd also be the go-to air dodge/roll punish. And DHD REALLY needs one.

I hate that even when pivoted, it won't hit an opponent who tried to roll behind/into me. That's just dumb.

Last edited:

Blumiere

Professional Can Pilot
Yea he's 99% still the same crappy character

Imo the best buff would probably be to clay pigeon to make it have a hitbox sooner/better hitbox, maybe last longer or have slightly less endlag too. When hitting at close range it has easy true combo kill combos (delay to upair/bair/nair) if going for it at such close range wasn't so risky, he'd be much better. (Think how ZSS uses her blaster)

It'd also be the go-to air dodge/roll punish. And DHD REALLY needs one.

I hate that even when pivoted, it won't hit an opponent who tried to roll behind/into me. That's just dumb.
At least they've buffed him marginally two updates in a row. That's proof they realize doggy needs a little something something. To me, I think that we're more likely to see more buffs because of that.

I'd like to see his smash reticles autolink and super armor during smash attack execution (for up and down at least) but that might be pushing it.

Last edited:

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
At least they've buffed him marginally two updates in a row. That's proof they realize doggy needs a little something something. To me, I think that we're more likely to see more buffs because of that.

I'd like to see his smash reticles autolink and super armor during smash attack execution (for up and down at least) but that might be pushing it.
Armor would be TOO good lol but I agree need a few more buffs here and there

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro

They've been more functionality fixes than actual buffs though. There's been nothing to really suggest they want to buff him, when they want to buff characters it's really freaking obvious. (See: Kirby, WFT, Shulk, Ike, Falco, etc)

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
There's no demand for DHD buffs, sadly. With the character, they struck genius with the play style, but in the end it takes niche tastes to not only enjoy the character but enjoy how they play as well, so not many people are going on about DHD buffs as opposed to the likes of Marth and Lucina. I hope for future buffs that they improve throw angles and knockback to give better follow-ups and combos. Uair and bair knockback buffs would be good, less landing lag on aerials, maybe +1% on Trick Shot, Gunman and fair, as well as things people have already mentioned.
There are plenty of ways to buff DHD, but it's questionable if any of them will happen.

Blumiere

Professional Can Pilot
The problem I have with the no popularity = no buffs argument is the spa treatment Wii Fit got. Wii Fit is such an offbeat and unpopular character, like ours.

On a side note: I have been hitting side smashes today like that move actually works now or something. Those bigger hitboxes shouldn't be underestimated. :)

Last edited:

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
The problem I have with the no popularity = no buffs argument is the spa treatment Wii Fit got. Wii Fit is such an offbeat and unpopular character, like ours.

On a side note: I have been hitting side smashes today like that move actually works now or something. Those bigger hitboxes shouldn't be underestimated. :)
WFT was a undeniably bad character during that time, most people put her around the bottom of their tier lists, if not the very bottom. DHD is consistently mid, sometimes mid-high, sometimes mid-low, they aren't exactly considered bad, but I think they could be better. WFT was just bad, and that needed to be changed.

Blumiere

Professional Can Pilot
Oh good. We also got a nerf:

• Dodges (all)
    • Air Dodge invincibility also reduced (along with universal nerf) frame 27 → 26
    • Air Dodge end frame 31 → 30
    • Spot Dodge end frame 25 → 24
    • Roll end frame 27 → 26

He may never see a Wii Fit buff but he should see his long term metagame develop a lot more healthily if he gets an auto-connect buff for the smashes before the last update. There will be more to come, so let's be optimistic. He's gotten something twice in a row now, so let's see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom