• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.0.6 Notes

Game And Guy

Smash Cadet
Since there's no thread for this, and since I'd rather have one set place for discussion on this rather than the social thread, post anything you find about G&W in this thread.

All I can tell off hand is up tilt seems...nerfed.

D

Deleted member

Can anyone test if d-tilt have less endlag? I feel like it's quicker now

GamemasterTom

Smash Rookie
NNID
GM-Tom
Acorrding to reddit: "Utilt second hit sends the opponents up+diagonally behind of G&W instead of straight up." that's the only confirmed change in the list

LaunchStar

Smash Cadet
I feel like his uair got buffed a bit, the second hit has been killing at lower percentages and more frequently.
I also feel like his dair gained more lag, and so did his fsmash.
Am I going crazy?

bdeink

Smash Rookie
NNID
bdeink
3DS FC
3179-6082-2990
I can't string together u-tilts after downthrow anymore, so I feel like the new u-tilt is a nerf to him.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I can't string together u-tilts after downthrow anymore, so I feel like the new u-tilt is a nerf to him.
That's your problem. Instead of chaining U-Tilts, why not go for a backwards Nair? It does more damage than a second U-Tilt. Against Falcon, it's actually easier to string U-Tilt, you can string 3 in a row for 5 hits.

TheUndeadReturns

Smash Cadet
NNID
House0fFastFood
Just thought I'd mention, in the vanilla Smash 3DS, d-air could do directional spiking if a direction is being held when it's used. In every update prior, directional spikes have been removed, this involves things like the varying d-air by R.O.B.

In 1.0.6., they returned, but GW can no longer do one if a direction is held. It's always straight down.

Last edited:

Timbroslice

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0190-0848-4221
I feel like his uair got buffed a bit, the second hit has been killing at lower percentages and more frequently.
Am I going crazy?
Woah you're killing with utilt? What percentages are we talking about here? I don't think I have ever realized it was a kill move

BBC7

Smash Ace
Woah you're killing with utilt? What percentages are we talking about here? I don't think I have ever realized it was a kill move
U-Tilt isn't a good kill move AFAIK, last time I killed with it was 160%. Also, the post might be outdated anyways.

Sixell

Smash Cadet
He didn't say U-tilt, he said, U-air. Read below. Also, sort-of-related fact, the first hit of U-air when canceled on the ground can combo into U-tilt.

Am I going crazy?

Top Bottom