• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parry Help!!

HamboyUK

Smash Rookie
I'm entering a tournament soon and I need to get Yoshi parries down. Is there anyway to practice them by myself? (My friends live miles away)

Also, the technique behind it: do you immediately jump/ up smash/ grab after activating shield when being hit?

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Parrying is mostly dependent on your ability to read your opponent. However, you can practice a little on your own using Red Shells in Training Mode.

In short, you need to jump within the first 5 frames of your "getting into shield" animation as Yoshi is invincible. You also have access to other OOS options like U-smash.

I suggest reading this thread thoroughly, specifically the "Parrying and other Shield Mechanics" section: http://smashboards.com/threads/some-yoshi-information.351635/

You're welcome, and good luck in the tournament!

Last edited:

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
just try press l and jump alot, it helps.
And try duck before doing it, it can help on some moves (but not peach)

Top Bottom