• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panda Techs: Possiable ammo for the ball hog?

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Looking at and testing some simple ATs from panda's topic http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152409j , led to interesting neat tricks for me. Such as being able to stop on dime in mid air and better accruacy comboing using just sonic's run.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has any ideas in how we can incoperate c-stick specials into making sonic more unperdictable. One use I have found is that if you dash towards the edge (atleast on a flat stage) and then move the c stick forward you'll jump and can safely grab the edge.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
A lot of Panda's so-called AT's are fairly worthless and in my opinion are one of the driving forces behind the large amount of ridicule "AT" discovery has been getting.

And I don't really see how Sonic would even have a use for anything other than maybe auto-raring which is dumb since anybody that can do a full stutter step (pretty important for a Sonic player in my opinion) can easily do a reverse aerial approach.

messiahfreak2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
messiahfreak2000
are most of the ATs only doable on the cube controller? i play using the nunchuck (don't ask me why, it jut felt better for the new game for me) set up and was wondering how many ATs can be done cross controller platform? (i butchered that end of the sentence).

Eten

Smash Ace
I think TwinkleToes is a pretty cool guy eh speaks turth and doesn't afraid of anything

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
messiah, all of the techs can be done as far as I know. It's usually just a question of smashing back on your control stick immediately after you do a move. Sonic doesn't have a whole lot of use for most of those but let's say with Pikachu: you jump, use thunder, immediately hit back, and you'll do the tech just as though you "b-sticked" it.

Eten, I guess. Go me. *waves little flags*

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
All of the AT's can be done on all controllers except for Stutter stepping. Can only be done with the cube controller. Technically, you should be able to do it with shake smash, but the method of input just makes it so hard to time.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
messiah, all of the techs can be done as far as I know. It's usually just a question of smashing back on your control stick immediately after you do a move. Sonic doesn't have a whole lot of use for most of those but let's say with Pikachu: you jump, use thunder, immediately hit back, and you'll do the tech just as though you "b-sticked" it.

Eten, I guess. Go me. *waves little flags*
Ahh I love you now.

Really you should be capable of RARing without the C stick by using the control sticks.

Diagonal oppisite direction for those who are confused. If you are quick enough to pivot grab and stutter step then you should be capable of doing it without difficulty.

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
RARing without the c-stick is actually really easy. Just takes a little practice.

Top Bottom