• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena's NAIR

Carman

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to come up with some combos with Palutena's nair, but i can't find any. The closest i can find is dthrow>fair>nair, but it isn't a combo because the startup on the nair is too slow. Has anyone found a creative way to use her nair?

Sudai

Stuff here
Lightweight makes her NAir amazing for combos. Outside of that it's mostly just good to get behind people's shields with. Jump Glide + NAir is great for getting behind shields. Could be good for combos at lower percents against mid-heavy characters but most of my friends play mid-light characters.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
She is best to use as a defensive character who had some strong punishes. She does better as an aerial assaulter, and you should really be trying to land a Uair or Bair. You can use Nair if you think Uair or Bair won't land. Her Fair is more of a gimp or quick but big kick, with little KB. Think of her as an easier Zelda. Send them far. Keep them in the air and read will they'll be and/or land. Then send them far away again.

Also, use dat Dair. It has a funky hitbox until you notice that she is using her legs to attack and not her staff. Palutena doesn't have real sweetspots, so even nicking someone with the attack will send them flying downwards.

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
It's a good alternative for uair when they're above you because it lasts longer and catch them out of an air dodge.

You can also use it to edge guard, jump up and nair the area where they would go if they did the jump-get-up, and if he didn't choose that you might still be able to hit him with a fair or bair, or at the least you can avoid any damage so that no one got an advantage.

Top Bottom