• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena's design?

Rate Palutena's design 1-10. 10 being "amazing"

• Total voters

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
I'm seeing lots of debating on whether or not her design is good or not, compared to the uprising. I feel like it's missing something. I'm not saying she looks horrible, she's well designed, I just feel like something should be their but isn't. Maybe it's her eyes? What do you all think??
main-7.png

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I only have one nitpick with her design in this game. I find her color scheme to be a bit dull, considering how the characters are leaning towards primary colors, she sticks out, at least on the Wii U version. Other than that, I'd give it a solid 9.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Palutena looks fine to me, but I think everyones general problem is that she doesn't look like this
But looks like this instead which no one really saw as much in game. And when you saw her 3d model it looked kinda weird anyways
Its weird that she isn't as expressive as all the other characters since that seems to be a big deal in this game.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
The only reason she's not as expressive is because that's the last thing they add to a character model. All the characters were much less expressive when they were first added compared to now.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I feel like the only problem is her lack of face expression but I think that'll change before the game comes out cause I remember noticing that with Megaman for a while, I believe we didn't see any other face expression from him until Sonic's reveal.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Palutena looks fine to me, but I think everyones general problem is that she doesn't look like this But looks like this instead which no one really saw as much in game. And when you saw her 3d model it looked kinda weird anyways

Its weird that she isn't as expressive as all the other characters since that seems to be a big deal in this game.
She'll probably be more expressive for the final product. Her trailer footage could be an earlier product before they finished her expressions when she was pretty much finished all her movement and attack animations maybe.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I love her. Her in-game model looks awesome, and fits very well with the other characters style. Also, she id voiced by Ali Hillis, and that is awesome!!

Hong

The Strongest
In any event, they have heard the feedback.

Something like graphical alterations can be amended even late in development. If Mr. Sakurai deems there is merit in the remarks on her face, there will be revision where needed. No doubt he will ask the artists to create like a dozen or so variations of the face just to see if there are any better options.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
In any event, they have heard the feedback.

Something like graphical alterations can be amended even late in development. If Mr. Sakurai deems there is merit in the remarks on her face, there will be revision where needed. No doubt he will ask the artists to create like a dozen or so variations of the face just to see if there are any better options.
They already made her official character artwork, so I doubt there will be any drastic changes made to her face.

Hong

The Strongest
They already made her official character artwork, so I doubt there will be any drastic changes made to her face.
It happened with Snake in Brawl and Mario in Smash 4. Apparently DK's face as well.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
It happened with Snake in Brawl and Mario in Smash 4. Apparently DK's face as well.
Yeah, they made changes to them, but none of them were very drastic. Her model is subject to change, but it won't be anything extreme (like giving her anime eyes).

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
What? I knew of Snake, but Mario in Smash 4? Where are the differences? I can't find by myself (could you help me, please?).

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah, they made changes to them, but none of them were very drastic. Her model is subject to change, but it won't be anything extreme (like giving her anime eyes).
Oh, I don't think it will ever be along those lines.
What? I knew of Snake, but Mario in Smash 4? Where are the differences? I can't find by myself (could you help me, please?).
Well, I shouldn't include Mario, since it's different. I just meant how they now have more than one version of his official art, that being with and without the fire.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
Some might remember that early pictures of Palutena's face have looked kinda... emotionally dead. Today's pictures in Lucina's and Captain Falcon's page show Palutena's face looking a lot more normal.

Did anyone else notice this? It's a pretty significant improvement.

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
I just hope she gets more expressive, as is I'd probably say it's an 8 or 9 with how satisfied I am with the design I mean she already looks so elegant, truly giving the aura of a godess. It just needs that extra push.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
For those who rated Palutena below 9 will soon be seeing a Reset Bomb coming down onto their town or city within the coming weeks.

Courtesy of Viridi.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Uh... new guy here. How can you make polls?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Her design does kind of remind me of Sophitia Alexandra's design in Soul Calibur.

I'd say its perfect.

Top Bottom