• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena Warp Cancel

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Oh? Palutena already has an at? And its one I'm familiar with because of my use with Zelda in brawl..
I'll be getting used to this rather quickly..

Jtails

Smash Lord
To the uninformed, how exactly does this work?
It's dependant on your spacing from the ledge. So basically you do your Up B righttt to the very edge of a stage or platform. And you'll have no end lag at all.

You're standing too close if you fall off the stage, and if you have lag afterwards, you're too far away. You can also jump and do it that way, but this technique could be risky, if you're not used to the spacing.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh Palutena, already stole an AT from Zelda, but she looks good doing it. <3

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
and adding to Warp Canceling it can be done from the air or ground. It's a lot easier on the ground though since you'll have to guess what the angle is correctly when done in the air. Remembering the distance for every stage is probably the hardest part.

If everything is the same as it was in brawl for Zelda minus the distance then these should apply..
also with the new ledge grab rules Bair after warp cancelled may be a bit OP if it can hit opponents that grabbed the ledge at the right time..

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Nice! (I bet it'll get patched like Megaman's cancel tho >_>)

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Maybe, maybe not. but Zelda does have it again and iirc Ganon did have a form of it in brawl as well (with warlocks foot)

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Good to have confirmation that this works for Palutena also. Her moveset has a lot of moves that are similar to Zelda which was the main reason she caught my attention when she was announced. The spot looks the same as Zelda's cancel which will make remembering spots easier for players that end up using both characters.

For those who are not familiar with the tech:
You should know this is a double edge sword. If you misplace your teleport you will miss the edge and fall to your death. If you do it correctly the move ends right when you reappear and cancels any frames and lag as soon as you hit the ledge. This allows you to follow up with a lot of different options such as special attacks or aerials. It also gives characters that can use this tech a lot of extra mobility they wouldn't have otherwise. There are a lot of edge cancel examples in this video to give you a taste of what is possible with this tech.

Top Bottom