• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena VS Pikachu?

Super___Sonico

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

New here, so forgive me if I make a mistake here and there. However, I have a burning anger with Pikachu players lately. My other mains, can deal with Pikachu with relative ease, but I seem to struggle to get the spacing and timing on Pikachu's speed and spacing.

Can any one give me a good strategy go run with? Or a way to connect with Pikachu on a more consistent basis? Any help is appreciated.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I find fighting against Pikachu is similar to fighting against Sonic in that you have play off of them and react with their movement. It's a hard match-up, since Pikachu can be hard to catch. Best thing to do is to be patient, and be ready to react to what Pikachu does in neutral. Throwing out moves such as your nair can be good for intercepting Pikachu's quick attack approaches.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Pikachu is a harder match-up just because of his small body and quick recovery from flinch. He is the only character in the game that can actually duck under Palutena's jab midway while getting rapid-hit by jab. Pikachu also recovers quickly from flinching, making it hard to land an up-air (Palutena's bread-and-butter kill move). His attacks also out-prioritize many of Palutena's.

Still, I find Palutena's jab to be godlike in this match-up. The jab cancels out Pikachu's quick attack when timed well. I play the match-up like any other high tier fast character like Fox - spacing, spacing, and more spacing with jab.

Examples of spacing vs Pikachu: http://youtu.be/2bZHUkBZH3Q

Last edited:
Top Bottom