• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

palutena reveal movie

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I dunno bout y'all but I would totally watch an anime series like in the reveal.

Not only is she hot but I just love watching link beat pit's ass. Plus it stirred intrigue when dark pit showed up.

Heck a whole web anime would be choice now that I think of it... and with all ssb characters maybe

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am probably one of the few persons to be disappointed by Palutena's reveal trailer, exactly because it was in anime style. How I wish it was a 3D animated video like Mega Man and Greninja's trailers or even in the comic book style, like Little Mac's. Also, I really hope they never make an anime based in Super Smash Bros. Being marginalized like that is the last thing the series need.

Do people really need to keep telling others who they find hot or not? That is disgusting.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it I guess.

Didn't like it very much personally. It was an extremely cheesy way to reveal her in my opinion. Although it was neat seeing Link beat the living **** out of Pit, I think it would have been 10x better in Sm4sh's graphics engine. For example, Charizard and Greninja's reveal made my skin crawl for days, while Palutena's reveal made me face-palm.

I understand they were trying to take a different approach, but I think Palutena would have been better suited for a situation like Charizard / Greninja / or even Little Mac were.

Raykushi

Smash Cadet
I am probably one of the few persons to be disappointed by Palutena's reveal trailer, exactly because it was in anime style. How I wish it was a 3D animated video like Mega Man and Greninja's trailers or even in the comic book style, like Little Mac's. Also, I really hope they never make an anime based in Super Smash Bros. Being marginalized like that is the last thing the series need.

Do people really need to keep telling others who they find hot or not? That is disgusting.
It was done in that style to replicate the mini series kid icarus uprising had. Search up "Palutena's revolting dinner".

I personally would love a smash anime, but to each his own

D

Deleted member

I liked that it gave me even more straw grasp power for Homura.

Other than that, I thought it was alright, not the most exciting, but not the least exciting either. Still more exciting than Sonic's trailer. Greninja's trailer still remains the most hype for me, and the reveal of the Mii felt more exciting, because I already knew Palutena would make a good fighter. With Miis I had my doubts, but ended up liking how they look. Never judging anything 'till I see it ingame again. Not even Chrom.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I thought the fight between Link and Pit was cool and the Anime art style looked nice. I just can't help but want it in the art style of Megaman's CG trailer.

Last edited:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
No way I'd want a Smash anime, it's just not appropriate for the series at all. Don't know where people get these weird ideas.

I was also a bit disappointed in the trailer, despite me being excited for Palutena being playable. It was a bit underwhelming. I didn't mind the visual style much, but it would have been more epic for it to have had CG animation instead of the anime style animation.

Top Bottom