• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palm Beach County Players

1337pengwin

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody,

I'll introduce myself briefly: I used to play lots of Melee, been lurking here since 2005, less into Smash these days, but still love the game. I used to host gaming events of all kinds twice a month at the Florida Atlantic University Jupiter Campus and always had a lot of success and a lot of fun with decent turnouts (15-20 on average, 40-50 for end of the year tournaments). I know how to advertise properly, how to overcome the reasons why people don't attend gaming events, and how to run tournaments and gaming get-togethers. I'm 22 now, have a real job, and can fund something that has been my passion for years: gaming events.

I am trying to gauge what the Smash Brawl and Melee communities are like in Palm Beach County (WPB, Wellington, Greenacres, Lantana, Lake Worth, Boynton Beach, Delray, Boca Raton, Palm Beach Gardens, Tequesta, Jupiter, and the surrounding cities I ddin't mention). I am trying to get some community building events going for fighting games and whatever else I find is popular in the region. The only big name in the northern SEFL region for competitive fighting games is Willvolution, but they aren't too huge, they don't respect Smash anymore, and the events are few and far between. I am trying to gauge the SEFL SSF4 AE, MvC3, and Smash communities in particular, so you may see a post similar to this one on other websites (shoryuken, willvolution, eventhubs, allisbrawl, etc).

Basically I'm looking for active SEFL Smash players to tell me a little more about the community, what you all like, and what locations are most convenient. I'm not just looking to run tournaments. I'm looking to actually build and expand communities. Too many tournaments have I been to where half the crowd leaves without speaking to the host (or anyone else for that matter). It's why they don't come back. Smashfests have always been awesome because it's a mix of tournament and hanging out, so what I'm trying to do is bring that same kind of environment to Palm Beach County with multiple games. Tournaments don't build communities. I want gamers who have a passion for their game/games coming together to have fun, swap gamertags, and make new friends and rivals.

In fact, I'm not just interested in getting gamers who play fighting games together. It just happens to be my favorite game genre and the one I am most familiar with. If any of you know of others or you yourself would be interested in seeing a stronger community in console FPS, competitive speedruns, Mario Kart, or something else, feel free to let me know!

Thanks guys, I look forward to your feedback. I want to make this happen.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
post/copy paste this into the fl social in eugenio forever and fl power ranking. we dnt really respond to random threads

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Go for it. And hosting some events in the West Palm Beach, Lantana, Lake Worth, Boynton Beach or Wellington areas would be nice :)

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Tonight a few of my friends will be playing melee and brawl at my house and project m either this weekend or next tuesday. post here for info

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I used to live in Palm Beach and Lake Worth several years ago for a majority of my life. Never heard of anyone from there at the tournaments I went to. I hope you all get together and go out to Orlando or Tampa to compete :)

chumlord

Smash Cadet
NNID
chumlord
hey just moved to boynton beach and I'm looking for some smashers to play some melee or project M with. I'm also looking for controllers lol...

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
hey just moved to boynton beach and I'm looking for some smashers to play some melee or project M with. I'm also looking for controllers lol...
We played Project M at my place Saturday night with 3 people. One of them being giga from the boards here. 561-543-0857 is my number. Text me and I'll text you back when we play again.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
i also live in wellington, i play mostly at fau boca campus but im willing to play anywhere in pbc
I used to like drinking at that cmapus a lot :)

This is my dedicated smash brothers room at the house im renting. I've added other things to the room as well. There's a functioning mini fridge so you can bring beer over and have it 3 feet away from your controller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew18ORTXE5U

Last edited:
Top Bottom