• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palette change

• Thread starter MarioRayFalconSmash X
  • Start date
M

MarioRayFalconSmash X

If you could cut a palette and add in another one to take its place, what would you take out, and what would you add in. For me, I'd take out the Waluigi palette of Mario, and put in the Mario Maker construction version of Mario, Take out the 5th palette of Captain Falcon, add in the old version, take out the 7th palette of Palutena and add in a more darkish version of Palutena, and for Duck Hunt, take out the 3rd palette and put in a palette of Banjo and Kazooie. So, what would you do differently?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Replace the purple-haired Bowser (That has almost no other color changes) and replace it with Dry Bowser.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
I'd add these three!

And remove their respective colors (not green's!)

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I'd made Sheik's purple outfit actually look any different to the untrained eye.
Here's original Sheik:

Now, Purple Sheik:

They're so similar to the point that it's hard to notice a difference in the 3DS version's portrait, and they look pretty much identical at Final Destination (since everything gets a bit of a purple hue, there).
I'd keep the pallete, but I'd make the purple parts far darker, make the black parts almost #000 black, make all her bandages grey and her hair a bit like #FFFF33 (Or if you don't know hex colours, really bright yellow)

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
(:4mario:) Replace the magenta shirt with the sky blue overalls/hat combo with either the old red overalls plus the blue shirt/hat combo, or light blue hat and shirt and the red overalls a la Ice Mario.

Replace 'Murica Mario with red overalls matched with orange hat/shirt a la the Super Mario Maker outfit.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Frankly, having a Flying Mario reference would've been good, along with an Ice Mario reference. That goes double for Luigi too.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Ugly Plaid Pacman changed for Ms.Pacman

An exact Shiny swap for all of the pokemon

Swap out the creepy main male/female Villagers for the horned playable characters from the original AC

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Id replace all of Samus' repaints with their legitamate suits. Just like Project M did, but in sweet sweet 1080p.

Edit: also why no classic super mario bros color for Mario? I just got the mario maker pixel amiibo and thought why doesnt mario have this color pallete?

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Ugly lemon-yellow:4mewtwo:swapped out for a green/shiny palette would be stellar. It's the only costume for him that I don't like, and Greentwo deserves to make a comeback.
Also,:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:all swapped out for actual:4bowserjr:palette changes. I don't like the Koopalings. At all.
Swap two of:4pacman:'s random armband alts out for Ms. Pac-Man and 80's Cartoon Pac-Man respectively.

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
I would replace :4luigi:'s 7th alt (the one where his hat doesn't match his shirt) with a Mr. L costume.

:4bowser:'s green alt would be replaced with a Dark Bowser skin.

:4pikachu:'s Calem hat would be replaced with the DPPt protagonist's (forgot his name) hat.

All of :4ryu:'s alts would be changed to look like the colors of SF characters.

:4samus:'s hideous 6th alt would be changed to LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE. Seriously, that thing is just ugly. I hate it.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
I would replace :4luigi:'s 7th alt (the one where his hat doesn't match his shirt) with a Mr. L costume.

:4bowser:'s green alt would be replaced with a Dark Bowser skin.

:4pikachu:'s Calem hat would be replaced with the DPPt protagonist's (forgot his name) hat.

All of :4ryu:'s alts would be changed to look like the colors of SF characters.

:4samus:'s hideous 6th alt would be changed to LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE. Seriously, that thing is just ugly. I hate it.
6th alt is which one now?

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Replace :4jigglypuff:'s nurse hat with the green headband from Melee.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Replace Pikachu's XY hat with Pikachu Libre
Replace Peach's Daisy color with actual Daisy (if BJ and Olimar can do it so can she)
Replace Murica Mario with his old Blue costume
Replace Blue Charizard with Salamence
Replace Pink Charizard with new gen shiny

Yeah, am I the only one that hates the 'Murica Mario costume?
Thank god I'm not.
I'd probably replace it with original Mario palette. Like, the awkward brown and red combo.
It would be a nice callback to his roots.
Additionally, I'd replace that strange black-haired Lucas skin with his alt skin in PM.
Looked so bad***.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
I would just generally replace the minor palette swaps with more vibrant ones. Sakurai nailed Donkey Kong and Mario, and I want Cloud and Ganon to get that treatment.

Cheshire

Smash Rookie
Replace one of Toon Link's alts for Young Link. And I'd have Robin and Corrin's alts be based on FE characters, like Lucina.

M

MarioRayFalconSmash X

I would just generally replace the minor palette swaps with more vibrant ones. Sakurai nailed Donkey Kong and Mario, and I want Cloud and Ganon to get that treatment.
How is Corrin a silly character when she's beating everyone?

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I'd replace both of Marth's alternate blue costumes with his Purple alt from Project M and an original Brown costume, because Brown's underrated and I have no clue what else to use.

Top Bottom