• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacman suicide count in team matches

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
Hi everyone,
First post in the Pacman forum and I wanted to ask if anybody else had the issue of having regular deaths count for suicides in team play. I have videos the matches saved to my Wii U but I don't know of a simple way to get them posted here to show you beyond I guess just recording it with my phone.

But basically, I've had it happen more than once in which I die as Pacman while in the middle of action and it gives me a suicide twice as a result (-2). I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my own hydrant hitting me or my hydrant being hit into my teammate by the other team. But I stopped playing the 2v2's with Pacman because in a 2 minute game, getting credit for 2 suicides along with your teammate losing -1 for a normal death has screwed up game results.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Hi everyone,
First post in the Pacman forum and I wanted to ask if anybody else had the issue of having regular deaths count for suicides in team play. I have videos the matches saved to my Wii U but I don't know of a simple way to get them posted here to show you beyond I guess just recording it with my phone.

But basically, I've had it happen more than once in which I die as Pacman while in the middle of action and it gives me a suicide twice as a result (-2). I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my own hydrant hitting me or my hydrant being hit into my teammate by the other team. But I stopped playing the 2v2's with Pacman because in a 2 minute game, getting credit for 2 suicides along with your teammate losing -1 for a normal death has screwed up game results.
So you randomly die if u down-b?? Srry i dont understand and need visuals, maybe u can get that vid up soon

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
So you randomly die if u down-b?? Srry i dont understand and need visuals, maybe u can get that vid up soon
I was at work when I posted this. Essentially what I mean is I use the hydrant but the enemy attacks it and it hits and kills me and/or my teammate but I get 2 suicides for it.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
srry plz excuse my rudeness . i did not know u were at work
But.. woow!
That really does suck.
Looks like the victims of it always got pushed by water before they died...did u somehow cheat death before that happened? Maybe the game countered it?
Ok here's a better theory: since you can counter (as in down-b) the fire hydrant/water(?) it may of been a case where you killed your own partner and it counted -2 because the cause if death was at the same time as the water pushing.
Actually could u see the % of first death in the game results?

Top Bottom