• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac man's Punishing options?

NcamSB

Smash Rookie
NNID
NcamSB
Ok so i've been devoting all my time in Pacman ever since I seen abadango's pac during APEX 2015 and so far im really enjoying this character. The only problem I have when using him is punishing correctly. I usually punish with a ftilt or dash attack into other combos when I get a chance but is there a better more reliable method of punishing quickly with Pac ??*besides fruit*

Also if you want to play my Pac i'm always available NNID: NcamSB , I'm looking for ditto partners to learn new things and develop Meta for this great character. Thanks in advance!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ok so i've been devoting all my time in Pacman ever since I seen abadango's pac during APEX 2015 and so far im really enjoying this character. The only problem I have when using him is punishing correctly. I usually punish with a ftilt or dash attack into other combos when I get a chance but is there a better more reliable method of punishing quickly with Pac ??*besides fruit*

Also if you want to play my Pac i'm always available NNID: NcamSB , I'm looking for ditto partners to learn new things and develop Meta for this great character. Thanks in advance!
Smashes are your friend.

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
Ftilt, Dtilt & Orange are Pac's Quickiest Punishers.
But i go for an Smash depending on the endlag of the opponents

PacDaddy

Smash Rookie
As others have mentioned, d-tilt and f-tilt are amazing. But don't forget our jab combo which is extremely quick, and neutral air. When in doubt, throw out a nair, you can't really go wrong with it.

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Jab-jab-jab (3+2+4 == 9) and grabs (pummel for 3.25% + BThrow for 11%) do the most damage on the ground. DThrow sets up an advantage for PacMan, but I don't think any of our combos off of DThrow actually are guaranteed. Nair (10% on sweetspot) is typically the easiest to use as a punish, although BAir does the most at 11%. FTilt does 8%, DTilt does 6%.

BThrow and Nair are both killing options for PacMan however, so I like to keep them as fresh as possible. DThrow for 6% is often the "damage" option if you're trying to keep BThrow fresh.

Dashes are unreliable, and smashes tend to not come out quick enough in most punish situations. But, if you are going to attempt to smash, USmash is typically the best "punishing" smash. At 13F startup, its your best bet but the hitbox is tiny.

FTilt is the easiest option when your opponent is crossing you up.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Dthrow does 11%. Pummel -> Dthrow is a pretty good punish most of the time, and you don't have to worry about keep dthrow fresh since it doesn't KO anyway.

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Dthrow does 11%. Pummel -> Dthrow is a pretty good punish most of the time, and you don't have to worry about keep dthrow fresh since it doesn't KO anyway.
Bah, that's what I get for misreading frame data instead of testing something out on my 3DS.

*Rereads the Frame Data*

Technically, DThrow only does 10.5% damage. So... I'm still technically correct. BThrow is the highest damage option. :4pacman::4pacman:

BSP

Smash Legend
Bah, that's what I get for misreading frame data instead of testing something out on my 3DS.

*Rereads the Frame Data*

Technically, DThrow only does 10.5% damage. So... I'm still technically correct. BThrow is the highest damage option. :4pacman::4pacman:
However, as you said, Bthrow is our KOing throw so we'd rather keep it fresh.

10.5%...what's with them and all of the decimal values?

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
I tend to use forward tilt more than attempting a smash. I use most moves instead of attempting a smash though. Jab combo also is a quick punish. Jump out of shield Nair is great when they are positioned right as well. Key is the best punish if you have it stored. Those are the safest quick punishing options.

Top Bottom