• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overlooked/underused Marth landing option?

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I was watching a marth lose to a ganon and learned/realized something...

Db as a landing option to beat shield grabs. Not really beat, but hit them out of their grab. Since Marth's aerials all have atrocious landing lag need the ground, aerial db1 to landing db2 (continue if you get the hits, stop after 2 hits, or connect the whole thing on shield using downward version to try for shield poke around) may be his saving grace to getting out of landing traps.

There's also the classic db1 stall and b-reverse shield breaker, but neither help when you're right about to land in front of a shielding opponent.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I use my DB usually for landing followups, but if they block the first hit, they will probably out of shield grab you from it xD But this sounds very much like my SH DB setup and FAir assault writings.

Though b reverse or even just regular SB can catch people off guard if they don't expect it. Especially if they guard for too long or underestimate your reach. Broken a few shields with tactics like this xD

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I just land like a ****ing man and grab them.

when it works that is, I'll let you know when that happens

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
Marth, just like any other character, has to really mix things up when he's landing. It all comes down to how far they are, what height you are at, if there's a platform you can flee to, things like that.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Uair is pretty good in my opinion.

Top Bottom