• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

overall broken and negligible characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
so ive been writing up some data for making balanced tournaments and these are the characters that are banned
n64
1 samus
2 pikachu
melee
1 mario
2 donkey kong
3 link
4 yoshi
5 kirby
6 fox
7 ness
8 bowser
9 zelda
10 shiek
11 pichu
12 falco
13 young link
14 mewtwo
15 roy
16 mr game and watch
brawl
1 jigglypuff
2 zelda
3 shiek
4 ice climbers
5 ganondorf
6 meta knight
3ds/wii u
1 ness
2 jigglypuff
3 dr mario
4 falco
5 ganondorf
6 mewtwo
7 roy
8 mr game and watch
9 wario
10 lucas
11 rob
12 little mac
13 dark pit
14 lucina
15 bowser jr
16 duck hunt
17 ryu
18 mii brawler
19 mii swordsman
20 mii gunner
tell me if you think that banning these character will make tournaments more balanced
be honest
also here are the character ban percentages
n64 17%
melee 63%
brawl 16%
3ds/wii u 36%

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
so ive been writing up some data for making balanced tournaments and these are the characters that are banned
n64
2 pikachu
melee
6 fox
10 shiek
12 falco
brawl
4 ice climbers
6 meta knight
3ds/wii u
1 ness
2 jigglypuff
3 dr mario
4 falco
5 ganondorf
6 mewtwo
7 roy
8 mr game and watch
9 wario
10 lucas
11 rob
12 little mac
13 dark pit
14 lucina
15 bowser jr
16 duck hunt
17 ryu
18 mii brawler
19 mii swordsman
20 mii gunner
tell me if you think that banning these character will make tournaments more balanced
be honest

Good luck having people actually want to play with these rules. What are you thinking man? This is one of the worst ideas of ever heard. Banning characters in general is idiotic and unnecessary. I don't to be so blunt but damn I would hate going to one of your tournaments if you banned half the cast of the game. That just makes the game ridiculously boring. It doesn't even make it balanced, it just gets rid of a few guys because they're slightly too good. You even banned half the cast of Sm4sh which is the balanced smash game by far.

Let's specify melee for example. You banned the 3 most popular characters in the game. And for what reason. "Oh they're too good" but why ban Roy and Kirby because they're trash. I don't understand how you can think that this is a good idea. I'm actually stunned.

The only ban that makes sense is Meta Knight because he actually is broken but why in the hell would you ban anything else. I'm so confused at this post.

D

Deleted member

I don't understand how banning Ganon from Brawl makes a tourney more balanced, nor Pichu and Kirby from Melee. Sm4sh is already incredibly balanced so why even touch it? You are killing like half the cast to make it more "balanced" but you are just making it boring. This is a terrible idea and no one would want to play by these rules.

Side point. By banning the characters highest on the tier list, people would just use the character(s) that is next highest, then that would be banned so they would chose the next character and eventually you would get rid of the whole cast. And you actually banned all the **** characters from Melee except Fox...

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Ryu and Roy arent even in Smash 4
Lucas isnt even in yet
Banning chars never helps, especially if you give no reasoning for each
There are CPs and such, but no character is so dominant that they should be banned (debatable)
But the bans here are ridiculous "Lucina, Falco, Jiggs"
"Hell, let's ban half the roster and hope people still play"
bruh
large.jpg

I don't understand how banning Ganon from Brawl makes a tourney more balanced, nor Pichu and Kirby from Melee. Sm4sh is already incredibly balanced so why even touch it? You are killing like half the cast to make it more "balanced" but you are just making it boring. This is a terrible idea and no one would want to play by these rules.

Side point. By banning the characters highest on the tier list, people would just use the character(s) that is next highest, then that would be banned so they would chose the next character and eventually you would get rid of the whole cast. And you actually banned all the **** characters from Melee except Fox...
>>>>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom