• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Outward Fair Meteor

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Someone check this out for me because I don't have my AR at the time
When DK hits with some of the last few frames of Dk's fair, and on the bottom part of the hitbox, the opponent is sent in a downard diagonal, making the opponent never be able to get back, regardless if they can meteor cancel, although possible

I did this a while ago but didn't feel like saying anything, what I want to find out is, how far will it be able to send the opponent outward? How would it be timed and at exactly what position? I would do this stuff if I had my AR and if I had someone at the house to test it on, but I don't

I hope that description was good enough

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I know this doesn't help much, but there's a sweet clip of me doing this to Eddie in my unfinished DK video. It should appear in my videos any minute.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=andperseandy

edit: Actually, I'm not totally sure that what you described is happening here (it's the first clip in the video). I can't tell for sure. But it's cool!

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I know this doesn't help much, but there's a sweet clip of me doing this to Eddie in my unfinished DK video. It should appear in my videos any minute.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=andperseandy

edit: Actually, I'm not totally sure that what you described is happening here (it's the first clip in the video). I can't tell for sure. But it's cool!
Do you mean the first few seconds of the Unfinished DK video? Well it's kind of like that, here let me explain more, this is kinda hard to explain

It's the same what you did at about 8 seconds, only hit it with the last few frames of the attack, meaning you hit them off with a meteor only because of the angle you hit it with they go off at a more horizontal angle

yaddamean?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I'm confused... but if you're talking about what I think you are, then it would be pretty difficult to hit your opponent with the last few frames of DK's Fair, especially when you put the timing needed with all that startup lag into consideration. I guess it would be useful if you perfected it.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I knew what you meant, and I was saying that I wasn't sure if what I did in that very clip was an example of it. I'm thinking it was just his DI.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I'm confused... but if you're talking about what I think you are, then it would be pretty difficult to hit your opponent with the last few frames of DK's Fair, especially when you put the timing needed with all that startup lag into consideration. I guess it would be useful if you perfected it.
It wouldn't be too useful, but Dk can use all the mindgames it can get
plus, if you pull off a technique like this, it just screams sexy, especially the more horizontal of an angle you can get

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Only advice i have is that you probably shouldn't try this in a serious match. If you're just messing around in a friendly, or just really ****** someone and you know you're gonna win, go for it, but in a serious matchup, i wouldn't.

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
I did this to a level 9 computer (Fox) when I was trying to perfect following my Uairs, since they DI so much. I Fair'd him when he was recovering and he flew down diagonally. Then again, is it possible to DI the bottom hitbox of DK's Fair (and last few frames) so you get hit diagonally?? I'm just saying this because the level 9 computer DI's everything.

Also, IF this is the case, then this move is COMPLETELY useless. Whats the point of someone DIing into a direction that you can't recover from?? Your opponent is better off NOT DIing, getting hit straight down, and meteor canceling. Hopefully this move is not DI dependant.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Hmm, yeah... they DI sideways moves (right?), but they don't DI your up airs at all.

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
i remember reading a list of all the spikes in the game that aren't meteors and dk's fair was not one of them. I'm quite certain that it was ur opponents di that made them fly sideways. but dks fair meteor is indeed special in other ways, for instance, if you hit a fox or faclo at 0 damage with his down air (while they're on the ground), then they just get mildly stunned and dont even fall on the ground, but if u hit them with the fair meteor, they fall down and have to get up or tech, strange thing is, after they have some damage racked up on them, the down ariel actually sends them higher than the fair, and the stun time is the same, so the fair meteor is much better for comboing into a big punch or any other move really.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I give up, this is way too hard to time
and it would be nearly impossible to pull off without suicide, which only decreases the window to where you could pull it off. Sorry to dissapoint

Top Bottom