• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Our F-tilt beats KO Punch?

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Bruh. My F-Tilt clanked with/stopped KO punch. Is this the real life?

In hindsight, this was probably a terrible reason to start a thread and should probably be deleted. Sowwy.

Last edited:

B!squick

Smash Master
At the very least, the title should probably be relevant to the actual topic. :)

What happened exactly? Did it do the whole zoom in thing and it just showed the punch going through Bowser's arm or what?

Last edited:

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
At the very least, the title should probably be relevant to the actual topic. :)

What happened exactly? Did it do the whole zoom in thing and it just showed the punch going through Bowser's arm or what?
No. It didn't even do that. It was the un-zoomed KO punch as if it missed or was dodged, but my F-tilt pushed him back.

No Boxers or Koopas were injured in the making of this event. I was going to save it but it slipped my mind because it happened fairly early in the match. :/

One of you should step in the ring with me so we can test this out.

Last edited:

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
It should just be invincibility. Because there's still hit lag if you hit his arm.

Even so, I didn't expect it to stop KO punch...it goes through shields after all.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Like @ B!squick B!squick said, Bowser's arm is intangible during ftilt. All of Bowser's grounded A moves are disjointed, actually.

Basically just pretend Bowser has Falchions for arms and it should make a lot more sense.

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Like @ B!squick B!squick said, Bowser's arm is intangible during ftilt. All of Bowser's grounded A moves are disjointed, actually.

Basically just pretend Bowser has Falchions for arms and it should make a lot more sense.
I get that they're invincible. I'm the best Bowser in the States after all. ;)

But KO Punch goes through shield, so I didn't expect invincibility to stop it. Unless they actually ARE intangible and not invincible. Which would be terribly confusing since there's still hit lag when it clashes with other moves.

Then again, you can't KO Punch anyone during Respawn invincibility so I guess that answers that no matter what. :o

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid
Im not my apartment! At my parents for Thanksgiving otherwise I would LOVE to :3 You dont have the wiiu version?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Well, unblockable != unshieldable. As you've already concluded.

I can prove it's intangibility rather than invulnerability on Bowser's attacks though. When invincibility blocks a hit, it makes this blue-purple circle graphic:

With Bowser's ftilt, this doesn't happen because the attack is simply going through his arm rather than being resisted with invincibility:

At any rate, Bowser certainly is capable of outboxing Mac!

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Yeah. Bowser punches bombs for breakfast.

(It's how people discovered his intangibility. Now that I know it actually is. >_>)

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Bruh. My F-Tilt clanked with/stopped KO punch. Is this the real life?

In hindsight, this was probably a terrible reason to start a thread and should probably be deleted. Sowwy.
I'd consider it pretty big news, personally.

And I'm not about to chastise someone for starting a new thread when we've been bumping the same 4 or so threads for a while now with nothing really new being added.

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
So Little Mac discovered that he wants off Mr. Bones' wild ride, only for Bowser to remind him that this ride never ends?
Indeed. The ride never ends. XD It's funny, I actually got this nickname a long time ago simply because I've been very tall and have the boniest hands ever.

I found out about Mr. Bones' wild ride only for someone to photoshop my face onto the picture...and it fits very eerily.

Mr. Bones2.jpg

B!squick

Smash Master
Depends. You gotta remember Bowser's face kinda sticks out so I imagine unless Lucario is somehow lower than Bowser the bigger projectiles will still land.

MrEh

Smash Hero
It's basically just an instance of KO punch not hitting anything. It can't hit something when his arm doesn't have a hurtbox to hit.

For example, if Mac was right in Bowser's face, Bowser would have gotten hit. This is just an instance of his KO punch clipping through Bowser's arm.

More of a testament to the move's disjointedness then anything else, because it was not this disjointed in Brawl.

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
You can also Side-B/Grab KO Punch before the hitbox. Oh and U-smash too if you have good timing.

Top Bottom