• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OtherWorld-Melee Bi Weeklies-NEXT: TBA

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
Habanero Pepper in Association with his peeps present :
Otherworld Bi-Weeklies

Dates of Minor Importance:
Until I work out the final details there won't be any absolute date, especially seeing as how I have to figure out a way to work around the rest of the east coast's schedules. I do know that this will be held within two months time though, and will continue for as long as I feel like playing melee.

Localle:
Pepper's House
324 Lindsey Street
Reidsville, NC 27320

The house is only one story, but has such a large living room and bedroom that it doesn't really matter. Lord Karn would be hard pressed to meet the size of this living room. And Toasty can have the ****ty couch if he comes.

There's plenty of fast food joints in the area, as well as a YMCA a block away if you're THAT in to working out.

Entry Fees/Prizes:
$10 singles
$10 per team

Singles Prize Breakdown
1st-70%
2nd-20%
3rd-10% or Money Back

Doubles Prize Breakdown
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10% or Money Back

Every so often I'll put a hundred dollars or so into the pot to sweeten the deal a bit. But don't expect any MLG payouts.

Timeframe:
TBD, but will most likely be on weekends starting in the late morning. Singles will be first followed by doubles after an hour break

Ruleset:
4 Stock, 8:00 min time limit

Double Elimination

Best 2/3; finals best 3/5

Neutral stages: Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams (FoD is on for singles only)

Counterpick stages: Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria (and all neutrals)

Notes:
-CARPOOL, this is in the downtown area of Reidsville and my back yard can only fit about 4 or five cars MAX. You will ba able to park on the side of the road if you have to but I'd rather not pis these rednecks off.

-Learn from M2K guys- http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=189869
In other words, keep an eye on your belongings. Neither myself, nor my family will be held responsible for anything stolen while at the house.

n/e ways, I decided to do this because I'm so close to the VA border as well as Greensboro, so I'm likely to get some VA rep if they choose to come take a look at our forum.

For now this will be melee only, seeing as how I'm not fond of Brawl, and it's my ****ing house. However if I see a demand for it, I'll consider it, but it will come second to melee. Anyone is welcome to bring their own Copy of Brawl for friendlies though. I have no quarrels with anyone in that department. I may request settups depending on how my college buddies react. If you bring a set, I'll pay for your entry fee personally into whatever events you want to play.

For now this will be a discussion. Once Some things get finalized, I will post the date, and we'll go from there.

Hype away

Top Bottom