• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other Platform/Party Fighting games besides Smash Bros.

Would you like to see more Platform fighters besides Smash?

• Sure, it is an establishes genre

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • NO. Only Smash.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Doing some research I actually found a boat load of Platform and Party fighters besides just Super Smash Bros. and it's other installments. This list will contain official games, fan games & mods. If I missed any, put them in the comments I guess!

Playstation Allstars Battle Royale
And underrate brawler featuring 24 (including DLC) characters from Playstation. Although the game suffered from a low budget & development time a lot a characters couldn't be in like Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Lighting, Lara Croft, Ryu Hayabusa, The PS2 Dante & Solid Snake. Capcom and Konami were just like "ERMAHGERD CROSSPROMOTION" Square didn't want Cloud in because they were to obsessed with Lightning at the time. Lightning and Ryu couldn't be added in time due to the low development period but were considered for DLC but Tecmo & Square didn't like the pairing system. I really do hope the game gets a proper sequel.

Tales of Vs.
Using the gameplay of the first true Platform fighter also made by Namco "The Outfoxies" but only featuring characters from the Tales of series

Final Fantasy Dissidia
An RPG inspired 3D fighting game featuring characters from the main numbered FF games.

Final Fantasy Dissidia 2015 Arcade
Most likely coming to PS4 a reboot to the first dissidia now featured characters from FFXIV & Tactics with the promise of new future fighters.

Fairy Tail Gekitou! Madoushi Kessen/Fairy Tail Gekitotsu! Kardia Daiseidou
2 Japan Exclusive DS fighters based on the Fairy Tail Anime made by Hudson. The first one is a 1vs1 single platform health based fighter but with free movement. It also features character customization. The sequel offers more movement, platforms, characters, ect. But removes the character customization in favor for default specials. Both have the specials use Magic Power as you have to use the down button to recharge your MP.

Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion
A Smash Clone that uses fighters from Cartoon Network on the 3DS. Now I wouldn't call any of these games "Smash Clones" or "Smash Ripoffs" as most of them try something different with the gameplay. But I only call this one a clone due to the fact it does nothing different.

Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL
A port of the 3DS game for Wii, Xbox 360 & PS3. With new characters like the original Ben 10, Kevin 11, Him, The Toilanator, Aku, The Scotsman & Johnny Bravo

Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends
Just like Punch Time Explosion this game also doesn't do anything different. A Kung Fu Panda Smasher. Well else needs to be said?

Outfoxies
The first Platform fighter (so for those who call other Platform fighters Smash Ripoffs because "Smash did it first" prepare to be proven wrong. And please, STOP CALLING EVERY PLATFORM FIGHTER A SMASH RIPOFF) This one is more based on health, 2 players & original fighters. The Gameplay style was used for many other Namco projects.

Project M
The famous and now shutdown Smash Mod turning SSBB into a competitive title while also adding new stages, Roy, Mewtwo & Turbo mode to the battle.

Super Smash Flash
One of the first Smash fan games made back in 2006. Using only attacks. Standard, front, up, down & down air. It even added Sonic before he was announced for Brawl. The game also added Naruto, Cloud, Chrono, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Super Sonic, Inuyasha, X, fan characters Blade & Blue and also Disney's Mr. Incredible.

Super Smash Flash 2
The official sequel/reboot to the original SSF. But this one is more professionally made and played like a real Smash game. Adding Naruto, Goku, Ichigo, Tails, Bomberman, Black Mage, Sora, Lloyd Irving, Isaac and Chibi-Robo into the game. It's one of the most well know Smash Fan games next to...

Super Smash Bros. Crusade
A smash fan game that has over 60 fighters including Waluigi, Ashley, Gooey, Petey Piranha, Weegee, Snivy, Porky, Ridley, Saki, Mach-Rider, Rister, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Evil Ryu, Chun-li, Phoenix Wright, Klanoa, Crash Bandicoot, Bomberman & Goku in the mix. With plans to also add Shantae in the game.

Unspoken Doujin Spirit
A lesser known Smash inspired indie game being developed by FromSoySauce. You can find out more about their project in their YouTube account.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FromSoySauce

Wolf Pack Batalion
Another Smash inspired indie in which you can find in the developer studio in this site.

Ultimate Jump Stars
A DS fighter bringing in over 40 characters from the Shonen Jump Manga company. Dragon Ball, Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Fist of the North Star, ect. Like the Fairy Tail game, it uses customization but by using Manga panels.

Duck Game
An indie game that was once on Ouya and now on Steam where you play as Ducks trying to grab different weapons to kill each other.

Brawlhalla
Another Indie Platform fighter that's free to play and has a large arrangement of fighters to choose from.

Rivals of Aether
Another Indie (these seem to be popular) that's based around competitive Smash gameplay. With 8 characters battling in the world of Aether. It removes grabs, edges grabs & shields, but adds new techniques as well. The makers of this game also made...

Super Smash Land
What if Smash was one the GameBoy? Well this is your answer! Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Megaman & Vaporeon in this green tinted Smash fan game that only has one button for attacking. The small roster, one button for attacks & tinted color were to make this game more resemble a true GameBoy game.

Power Stone
Only released a few months shortly after Smash on the 64. A 3D fighter heavily based on Items. And insane game I hope returns.

TMNT Smash Up!
Kind of disappointing. Weird to see some of the developers of Brawl worked on this game. Lackluster roster that even adds 2 raving rabbids. Why 2? Who knows?

Dream TV Mix
A Japan exclusive fighter featuring Solid Snake, Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Master Higgins & Octomus Prime? This game is more based on collecting coins that fall out of your opponent. It's unfortunate this game is only available in Japan.

Silly Melee
A Melee mod that just makes Melee...well...silly. It's hilarious in some cases.

Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution
A 3D Naruto fighter from the earlier days of Naruto. Before the addition of Shippuden. Though I'm sure a lot of people will prefer Ninja Storm 4.

One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X
A 3DS One Piece fighter that uses the Outfoxies gameplay (try calling this one a Smash Ripoff) it even uses the Smash Amiibo for Nintendo base costumes.

Shrek Super Slam
Shrek is Love. Shrek is Life. A Power Stone inspired fighter with Shrek characters. I'll admit that I was impressed by it. I was expecting something much worse.

Digimon Rumble Arena 1 & 2
Just ask any Digimon fan what they think of these games. There are a lot of Platform fighters for Digimon.

Lethal League
Think of Ping Pong but on 12 doses of cocaine. All your characters are used to smack a ball back and forth. The more the ball is hit, the faster it will go. If it hits you, you're our for that round.

D.O.N. (Dragon Ball/One Piece/Naruto)
Using a gameplay style similar to Dream Mix TV but instead with characters from Dragon Ball, Naruto & One Piece.

Sonic Battle
The GBA Sonic fighter. And trust me, it's MUCH better than it sounds. A large roster of characters, fun movesets & a fighter on the go. The GBA has always been one of my favorite systems simply for nostalgia.

Kung Fu Chaos
An original Xbox exclusive fighter featuring NINJAS!! What could possibly go wrong?

WaveDash Game's Mysterious Platform Fighter
We know nothing of this project yet, but I'm still including it on here for the sake of it.

Onimusha Blade Warriors
A Platform fighter based on one of Capcom's most successful franchise Onimusha. It even uses the .EXE versions of Megaman & Zero.

Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble
It's kind of hypocritical of Hideki Kamiya to call Playstation Allstars a Smash Ripoff sense his team was in dvelopment of this game. A platform fighter with Viewfitul Joe characters. I recommend the PSP version sense it features Dante from Devil May Cry.

Air Dash Online (Cancelled Smash Indie)
Why must the good die young?! This game suffered a terrible Kickstarter and fell off the face of the earth.

Jump 'n Bump
Literally a Platform fighter, sense you have to jump on your opponents to beat them. Did I mention this was a game on DOS?

Super Sonic Knockout
A fan made Sonic Smasher with some of your favorite Sonic characters. Ermel from Sonic Battle is repaired by Tails and is know referred to as Germel. Take that for what you will.

The Grim Adventure of Billy & Mandy
A PowerStone inspired fighter using the characters of Cartoon Network's "The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy" I never played it, so take this with a grain of salt.

Tom & Jerry War on Whiskers
A surprisingly decent sized roster for the time being. You throw objects in the form of slapstick humor. And if you fill a meter you can go berserk. Though, the still faces are a bit strange. The game even using the Lion and the Robot cat from that futuristic episode.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Dream Festival
Didn't even know this existed till I did my research. If you like FMA as much as I do then go on and try it for the PS2.

Fright Fight
A mobile Platform fighter using famous monsters to fight one another. From Werewolves to Dracula. If you like mobile games that I don't see why you shouldn't try it. Unless you hate mobile games...which is understandable.

Loons: The Fight for Fame
The same as Tom & Jerry: War of Whiskers but with only 6 characters. The T&J game had over 10. But a Looney Tons fighter has only 6? Where's Elmer fudd? Where's Lola Bunny? That big orange monster thing? Such a waste of good potential.

Newgrounds Rumble
Free to play on Newgrounds. Getting characters like Salad Fingers, Fancy Pants, Hank from the Madness gaes, Pico, Nene and other characters to face one another. It's pretty good for 2007 standards. Those were different times. When people didn't act like Indies had to have the same quality as AAA games in graphics and physics. Such simply times..

Super Smash Ponies
Smash Bros but with My Little Pony. Eh, I'm not a big fan of that show nor am I a brony. But I'm not gonna go after bronies like other people. Let them have their fun or try it if you'd like.

Did I miss any? Put them down below!

Weeatt

Smash Rookie
Unless you consider Street Fighter games to be like these games, I would say Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is a good one.

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
You are forgetting Sonic the Fighters or Sonic Champions. Released for the Arcades, Gamecube, and PS2.
And, pretty recently in fact, Disney Infinity Battlegrounds. Probably won't count that cause its more of a MOBA...

Hope this helps a bit...:smash:

Last edited:
Top Bottom