• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Organised Crew Battles

choe

Smash Rookie
So we're planning on organizing a crew battle tourny in our dorm and I was wondering, what are the generally accepted rules for crew battles in terms of character selection and stage selection? Are the stages selected randomly or do players select them? Do players stick with one character throughout the fight?

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok it is basically a normal 1 Vs 1 except each person has his or her character written down next to their name and then both teams can look at each others roster. You each have 1 designated starter and then the 2 starters play like a normal 1 vs 1. When it comes to stock normally it is 4 stock a player and like 5 or more players so if there were 6 players then it is 24 stock and then also for the rosters you have back ups and **** like SSJ4 Ricky was for the West Coast Vs East Coast crew battle FC3 style.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
First off you generally aren't allowed to look at their roster, so character choices can be more of a surprise, at least untill the match; and show the roster at the end to confirm they all used the specified characters. First stage is of course random, then after whoever is chosen from the losing team goes in they can pick a stage to counter the person winner from the last match too.

If they do pick a stage, the winner of last match can change character, but only him. Any other questions?

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i thought stages were random on the 6 neutral stages and after the starters have fought, the losing crew would counter pick with a person/character written on the roster. and i think players stay with the character written on the roster.
i guess there are many ways of doing crew battles.
have fun dude

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Those are the official rules that have been used at FC. Random stage is actually knocked down to 3, PS FD and Kirby64. The person from losing crew can pick stage, and if they do then the person from winning crew can change character.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
There are a lot of ways to do crew battles that have been developed over the years.

Top Bottom