• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

T0MMY

Smash Master
As posted in the OP, Oregon Smash Community will require TOs to follow the Community Tournament Guidelines as set forth by Nintendo.
This will provide a good playing environment for attendees as well as provide a Nintendo-approved licensed event so as to avoid any issues with using their IP.

T0MMY

Smash Master
1707333444586.png

It's been forever since I've hosted in New York, and yet still people remember these events and take time to post some positive things like this.
It can be easy to forget how all that work I've done has impacted the community as a whole until I see responses like this.
There are times to be politely critical of your local TOs so they know how to tailor an event, but also there are times to post some positive messages and let them know they are appreciated.

Attachments

T0MMY

Smash Master
Here's my response to the Smashboards article "Is Brawl Making a Comeback?"

T0MMY

Smash Master
I found a screenshot of final results on AllisBrawl which was the site utilizing the tournament data records for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
These are latest results on record for the competitors pictured.
These results are after all Doubles (2v2) results and side events were removed because a certain someone was making a claim (one of many grasping at straws atttempts) against recorded tournament results because it might be including doubles results (not sure if it retains their 2v2 win results on their side of things). Because of that it backfired and this screenshot with my doubles results removed exists today as head-to-head 1v1 results. It also means if all including those results would mean my win record would be even greater results.
As a note, these are set wins, btw, not tournament wins. I had quite a few tournament wins where I came through loser's side of bracket to win the tournament bracket.
I am happy to show the evidence of my years-long champion status (March 2008 to Nov 2011) against the top rivals in my region a winning record against (from top left to bottom right): t1mmy, Viviff, Pwneroni, Eggz, OMGage, and Atticus.

Although I have winning record against all state PR this pic only shows top rivals. But if any more records are discovered I will be shown positive wins against other top Power Ranked players Dog Latin, Moochero, Tudios, K-Dash, et al. It was a great time in my Smash career with some very good competitors and sportsmanship and I take pride in all my games whether they were wins or not as all sets are markers on our Smash Journey that are valuable expereinces. GGs everyone in Oregon and Washington.

1721237857234.png

joshisrad2

Smash Rookie
Hey Timmy and Tommy et al, first I just wanna say I'm surprised this thread is still alive! I recently bought Smash Ultimate and I am beyond terrible at it lol but I'm having the most fun playing as Kirby and it makes me think of you, Timmy, every time.

Anyway, today I randomly searched for my old username here and found the updates in this thread:

And I wanted to just give a public apology for any and all unsavory, mean-spirited behavior I knowingly committed back in the day, including any related to my relationship with you guys when I was hanging with Balloon. Not that I'm blaming him for my being a jerk, that was definitely all me. But if my memory is correct, hanging with him was playing a part in turning me against you guys.

I had a fairly strong sense of right from wrong, but I also had an out of control ego. And I was very bad at condemning when people would do things that I could feel were wrong. Many times the things that would be said about you behind your backs were pretty messed up, like when Balloon for example would make fun of you guys for playing a video game when you were 30 years old. I remember when he turned 30 (and he and I at this point were long since ending our friendship) I thought to myself, there he is, still playing a video game at 30... to be fair, I think he quit shortly after. Anyway, not important. I'm sorry the drama somehow continued after I quit, and all the way into 2023 — yikes :/ Despite our falling out, I've wished the best for balloon in his life, and he seems to be doing work that is in alignment with his interests, so I think he's at least happy with that, and I hope he can let all this stuff go and find peace with regard to all this history.

Tommy, I'm really impressed with the progress that you said you made being #1 on PR for years and taking top 10 at majors. That's awesome dude. I'm glad to hear your health and life are on a good track, I remember hearing about the mold situation. Timmy, I hope you're doing great in your life too.

I won't be posting any further here just wanted to give you an apology and become pono with this area of my life's history. I've wished I could delete my old account altogether due to the embarrassment I feel over it, but whatever lol.

I'll never forget you two, I love you, thank you.

Top Bottom