• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Options for dash attacking off the ledge

Kati

Smash Lord
Okay so with CF and maybe Ganon, if one dash attacks into the edge of the stage, and holds either back or down, the character will drop off the stage as soon as the attack finishes. Holding back will turn you around, allowing for a fast ledge grab, whereas holding down will initiate the fast fall if one holds it for too long. It does seem to be possible to drop while facing away from the stage without fast falling, but the window is quite tiny. I think I have seen players wall jump off the ledge for some well positioned aerials, but I wasn't able to do it myself, so I was wondering if I was remembering incorrectly.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you want to face away from the stage, and not fastfall, you can simply hold forward whichever direction you are facing. When you DA to the edge, any direction input after that should toss you off. So just holding forward will let you fall normally with no FF

You can Walljump, but the timing feels harder because in Melee you didn't have the turn around option. If you hold towards the stage, Falcon turns around to grab the edge. If you want to walljump out of it, you either need to hold down to not grab the edge if you face it, or face the "other" way and drift your body back to the wall.

Kati

Smash Lord
ahhh I see, thank you. I didn't realize that it worked ever so differently in Melee. While holding forward works like you said, it can't be held for too long just like the down input, or else CF will drift too far from the stage to get a wall jump out. I guess this tricky maneuver just requires practice like the majority of a.t.'s.

GeZ

Smash Lord
This is some insane tech. Gotta try this.

Edit: this is really cool, but holy hell is the timing on the wall jump off the ledge obnoxious. I can dig the ledge grab and the ledge fall off, but I can only get the wall jump one out of every ten times.
I do it by holding the stick down and towards the ledge as I'm dashing at it. After the dash attack he falls off facing away from the ledge but hugging it and then I just have to tap away to do the wall jump. Is there any reason this technique would give me more trouble or is it just tight timing?

Top Bottom