• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

opinion on characters designs

snateam

Smash Rookie
NNID
snateam
3DS FC
2492-4135-0143
Switch FC
SW-4608-6655-3883
hey, just a really simple question. Who are some of the characters you like and your favorite re-skin of them?
In Smash Bros 3DS i really am liking link and hi fierce deity re-skin

also, here is an in game snapshot i took(upload some screenshots that you took if you can)

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
I like Pac-Man and his all yellow alternate costume selection.

Seriously though. Although I never play the character, hoodie wireframe mac is pretty cool.

Spirst

I like Pac-Man and his all yellow alternate costume selection.

Seriously though. Although I never play the character, hoodie wireframe mac is pretty cool.
Huh. I really don't like wireframe Mac or the hoodie variant.

I really love Jigglypuff's new design. Her emotions are a lot more expressed now as opposed to being a soulless alien-looking creature. I also like Charizard's cocky looking grin as it's very reminiscent of Ash's Charizard. Bowser's stance was something I was initially opposted to but it's grown on me now and I feel it's more fitting of his character.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I appreciate the color palettes for Lucina and Shulk for being based on characters from their respective games, they're fun.

Jigglypuff is looking great now that it's in-line with its current design. Looks so much more cuter if you ask me!
I can't forget about Bowser either. Just about everything of his Smash 4 incarnation is right (well, I wished he had his actual voice).

Shulk looks fantastic, and I think out of all the of the more human-shaped characters, he looks the best. It's certainly also a step up from his original game, where he wasn't quite as pretty as he is in Smash.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I figured Jigglypuff would get redesigned to look more like it's official art, and I was completely right. Can't wait for her official HD screens to show her off some more.
I noticed Wario also resembles his design from Wario Land: Shake It!, at least on Wii U, and he looks great too.
I'm also really feeling it for Shulk's design! He looks like he was pulled straight out of Xenoblade Chronicles's artbook, he is that great.
All of the Mario and Pokemon characters are really good looking. I'm moderately disappointed by the appearances of the Zelda characters though, especially on the 3DS version, as they look like Brawl's design but oversaturated. Link's face in the 3DS version is remarkably better than Wii U, though.

I would say the best looking character in the Wii U version is Toon Link. He looks like a doll, and it suits him considering he's a cartoony character in a fighting game.
The best looking character in the 3DS version is definitely Shulk; his model is remarkably detailed and high quality, even and especially compared to other characters.

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
I don't care to play most of them, but all the Fire Emblem characters look really good, Marth and Ike have personality now instead of being flat and lifeless like they felt to me in Brawl and Melee. Samus looks so much better too, her armor is much more streamlined and doesn't look as clunky as it did before. All the cute characters like Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Dedede, Ness, Pac Man, Toon Link, Villager, and Duck Hunt look great too, they are so expressive. Little Mac looks great, I love his cocky victory poses, Pit, Palutena, and Dark Pit's attitude is great too. Don't care for Bowser's new design, he just seems too big and bulky to be that agile at the same time, and Ganondorf looks weird to me too for some reason, not really sure why. Overall I'm really impressed though, the quality is great and all the characters feel so alive, even Mr G&W and ROB

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
My sister was looking at the Xenoblade Artbook yesterday and told me "Hey, Shulk looks really cute here. I hate how he looks in Smash." I myself think Shulk looks great in Smash. Eh, to each their own.

I love how Robin's robe looks almost black in the Wii U version.

Usually I got for the black pallets of character but I'm really liking Fire Peach and Fire-Peach-colored Rosalina. (I'll change my signature eventually). Same for Dark Pit since I found myself using his red color.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
To further illustrate my point:

It looks great from this image, but on the actual console he's just great. So much detail, they didn't leave anything out.

And for Wii U:

I really don't need to elaborate? We're getting characters that look like THIS, on a TV, at 60 Frames per second.
That alone makes this game better than Brawl or anything before.

Jigglypuff with Serena's hat is beyond cute. And the new facial proportions 6 U 6

Dr. Mario in the black scrub still has that unethical vibe about him.

Those are the cutest and coolest, respectively.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Cherche Lucina is very nice, I like how Marth and Ike have a lot of other lords' color schemes in their garb, Robin's white mage outfit is pretty great, and I like the new alts for Captain Falcon that reference other characters from F-Zero (but please Sakurai why no Black Shadow).

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Still wish Fox and Falco had an Assault inspired design. I was never a fan of their Command-ish Brawl look. Despite the plain alts, I love Pacman's design and the big smile he has while jumping around the stage. Marth and Ike have also never looked better. They both took my breath away when their new artwork was were revealed.

LipePereira

Smash Cadet
NNID
LipePereira
i personally love how pokemon are designed in this game, i feel like they're somewhere between the cool games of pokemon and the nostalgic anime feel. besides, greninja is one badass ninja dude, i love how he resembles strider.

i liked the new Ike design as well, all jacked up lol, besides all the sword users are awesome overall

i also love megaman, classic style with a revamped feel to him, kinda like moving forward without forgetting where he came from and i love it.

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
From far away, Mega Man looks great, but I think the designer could have done a better job on his facial expressions. Mega Man never used that poker face in the official artwork, and I don't think it matches his character at all.

snateam

Smash Rookie
NNID
snateam
3DS FC
2492-4135-0143
Switch FC
SW-4608-6655-3883
From far away, Mega Man looks great, but I think the designer could have done a better job on his facial expressions. Mega Man never used that poker face in the official artwork, and I don't think it matches his character at all.
huh, i never really looked at megaman not even when we only had the demo he just has not interested me

DodgeDusk

Smash Rookie
NNID
DodgeDusk
3DS FC
3668-8055-4125
The Nowi alt for Lucina and the Wolf alt for Fox are probably the only alts I use consistently. I'm also a fan of blue Pit, purple and white Falco, and Jigglypuff with the bow. Pink Robin is an honourable mention, purely because it just screams Serra from Fire Emblem 7. Probably unintentional, though

snateam

Smash Rookie
NNID
snateam
3DS FC
2492-4135-0143
Switch FC
SW-4608-6655-3883
huh, i am sort of surprised no one has said anything on skin of pikachu wearing the emerald bandana

Last edited:

snateam

Smash Rookie
NNID
snateam
3DS FC
2492-4135-0143
Switch FC
SW-4608-6655-3883
I got my Wizard Hat Pikachu back, so I think the designs are spot-on.
i always saw the wizard hat on pikachu as a birthday party hat type thing

Top Bottom