• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Only NC Kirby in the house you better start lovin this (screw you Krii)

stingers

Smash Obsessed

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Some of your offstage final cutters without jumping freaked me out for a second, it looked like you were going to suicide haha. You also did what I do, final cutter on the ledge, back onto the ledge. But it looks like he blocked it easily, so maybe it doesn't work as well offline as it does online... d*** you, wifi, for teaching me bad habits. Not to mention making me lose games due to lag. But enough about that.

haha, but this reminds me of some scrub in the allisbrawl chatroom yesterday that was whining about losing to a "spammer"...upon being asked, he revealed that it was a Kirby spamming up B. I tried to explain how to (easily) counter this, but he just kept complaining. Idiot -_-

Final cutter spike in the second video made me smile. Easy to ko with at 0%, I've got plenty of clips of it in my video XD

All around, great Kirby. Probably could have done with some up tilting. At a couple points you rolldodged into his attacks. I probably learned more watching the vid than you will learn from my criticism. I now know to be careful when edgeguarding Marth, and to avoid getting edgeguarded BY Marth. You see, he has a sword with a long range, unlike Kirby D:
Good job though, especially since Marth is kinda hard for Kirby.

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
Was this offline or online? I would agree with Asdioh, on more u-tilts. But if it was online I can understand the lack of them. I just find it more difficult to use precise timing moves online. But I have a feeling it wasn't because you did quite a bit of rising bairs. Good technique, but I think less fsmash when it's not needed. Comboing out of throws a bit more would be nice too.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
It was offline, yeah.

And you try getting in grab range against Marth it's not that easy XD

I think I got it once...in the first video, last stock, IIRC, but I'm not really gonna go out of my way to try and get a early grab against Marth...It'll hurt more then it'll help.

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
Well, if he's not trying to approach with fair then if you just spotdodge his fsmash then you have plenty of time to grab.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What kind of Marth approaches with Counter into rising Side B dolphin slash offstage to die and mindgame his opponents into thinking he sucks?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
...Did he really do that?

XD

All well one thing isn't gonna lose the match...usually
nah, I just made that up. But I have a tournament coming up, and I think at least once I will approach with:

Jump towards them --> land --> "Hiii!"

srsly. "Hiii!" is one of Kirby's best moves, don't just use it after getting a ko, but mid-fight too. Intense mindgames right there.

No seriously. It might make them mad, or go "wtf? o_O"

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah they are. So are the Toon Link boards.

I dunno about some of the other boards...I would imagine the G&W boards would be full of creepy pervmen, I'm not sure why I would think that though.

Anyway, basic brawls are awesome. We had 3 blue Kirbys going on. And 1 silver kirby...dumb guy should have chosen blue -_-

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Woah I just started playing Toon Link today what a coincidence

I have a video of my friend 2 stocking my TL with his main on my channel...;_;

I also have a video of me kicking his Snake's *** (0-to-death combo on the first stock aww yeah) so it's aight XD

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Snake is a Snack, I'm telling you. Except online, he can be kinda hard there.

And Toon Link is definitely awesome, and definitely high tier (if you care about that crap), people just don't realize it. But he also takes some skill to play, unless you just projectile camp all the time, like I never do >_>

IN OTHER NEWS, I got 3 double kos from Falcon Punches today :) with Captain Falcon, not Kirby. That would be awesome though.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I don't think I saw a single forward-air from Jim. Especially when he was getting hit around by you. He should look into it. A lot of times when he air dodged after getting hit, he could of fair'd you as you approached for a follow up. It's one of the things that makes playing against Marth harder than some other characters.

You still have a pretty nice Kirby. It seems like you've learned to bait attacks with Kirby's aerial movement and down tilts, which I approve of. And you generally have a good idea of the right attacks to use, although I spotted a forward smash or two that should have been up and forward tilts.

You roll a little too much. Don't trust Kirby's roll; it's not good at all. Those Final Cutters when you're so far away from the ledge are incredibly unsafe. If a smart opponent sees you do that, prepare to be edge hogged. Other than that, just keep doing what you're doing.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You roll a little too much. Don't trust Kirby's roll; it's not good at all.
Whose roll is good?

I have a bad habit of rolling around, mostly because of smash 64, but also because of Melee, since all I fought were computers, and it worked against them. Sigh.

But I have noticed that there are easy weakspots during the roll that lets you get hit by all sorts of crap...it's frustrating.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Lucario's roll makes me rage. :mad:
But in other news, i ranked 33rd at a 119 person tourney. Not bad for my first BIG tourney :chuckle:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Lucario's roll makes me rage. :mad:
But in other news, i ranked 33rd at a 119 person tourney. Not bad for my first BIG tourney :chuckle:
....119 people? Holy crap....where, Texas?

There are going to be somewhere between 40-60 at the one I'm going to, and I thought that was big :/ though it kinda is

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i have the bad habit of rolling too Asdioh. I picked it up in melee when i had no online playability. I'm trying to ditch it now, but its really hard to just spot dodge...
"ROLLING JUST SEEMS LIKE IT WORKS SO WE-..." *F-SMASH 3 STOCK*

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Rolling away isn't too bad but if you predictably roll towards your opponent then you will probably get punished. Though sometimes if I see my opponent shield I roll towards them and immediately uptilt out of roll. Usually it hits them just as they are unshielding to attack. Utilts are a great way to protect yourself out of roll, but don't abuse it too often. Just don't be predictable is the main thing.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Rolling away isn't too bad but if you predictably roll towards your opponent then you will probably get punished. Though sometimes if I see my opponent shield I roll towards them and immediately uptilt out of roll. Usually it hits them just as they are unshielding to attack. Utilts are a great way to protect yourself out of roll, but don't abuse it too often. Just don't be predictable is the main thing.
Yeah, since I mastered up tilt (again, I had a bad habit of using smashes too much and not enough tilts, d*** you, computer players in n64 and melee, for falling for it), rolling towards and then uptilting seems to work well. Then again, it's wifi, so it probably wouldn't work as well offline. Also, thanks to wifi, I sometimes upsmash -_-

frik I can't wait for my tournament

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I think he means that sometimes he up smashes when he means to up tilt. That should have nothing to do with online lag, though.

PinkMarshMallow

Smash Apprentice
I found myself using F-smash as my only kill move, I need to try using U-smash as KO move can't really position it right though. My weakness is rolling to much haha I even roll In a smash =[ ah Still trying to fix my play style.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I was playing Kirby a lot today (online though :/) and was doing...really good.

I think I might bring my Kirby to a tournament some day oh god

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think he means that sometimes he up smashes when he means to up tilt. That should have nothing to do with online lag, though.
Yeah that's what I was talking about. And I swear it does :O

And if you're trying to incorporate upsmash...a simple way to do it is just run towards the enemy and up C stick. Running upsmash catches them by surprise sometimes, but you have a chance of getting punished if they block it or you space it wrong. It's good to practice in friendlies though, to see when it works or when it doesn't. Sometimes they block mine, but it pushes them away and weakens their shield, so that's good for me.

I'm jealous this thread is almost 3 pages, I wish someone would post in mine D:
My video's only getting like 10 views a day now

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
I'm jealous this thread is almost 3 pages, I wish someone would post in mine D:
My video's only getting like 10 views a day now
psh my video thread I updated like 3 or 4 times and it just barely has 3 pages I think. Nobody posts criticism on my videos :(

Top Bottom