• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Tournament Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Another weekend down with 16 and 18 people coming out!
Pretty awesome! Umbra has been doing a great job commentating, along with Crusader and Bloodpeach.
We need 1-3 more regular commentators, ideally one main partner for Umbra. Starts at 11 and ends about 1-1:30.
Nervous? Who cares! Umbra will be right there on the mic with you, so if you have knowledge about the game, a positive attitude, and want to come have a blast watching and commentating all the Smash action, let us know!

Studstill

Smash Ace
Yeah, sounds great man. Just get with me on Skype. We like to get ready to start around 15 minutes til, but check in with me sometime before this weekend if you think you are free!
Sizzleham hype.

angry dad

Smash Rookie
is there a thread on how to join tournaments? i just got myself a 64 adapter and would like to play, but idk how this thing works

angry dad

Smash Rookie
yea, all i have is project 64, i need to download kaillera? is there a thread about that

angry dad

Smash Rookie
ok, if a server gives me this
Connecting to 216.52.143.190:27888
server replied
server protocol mismatch or other error
what can i do? thx btw

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
angry dad,

Try another server. Go to the main lobby servers list and try one of those out that are near you (either Chicago or New York).

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
I could easily do this, but I don't have a skype account. I love commentating. I have so much to say because I've pretty much re-watched every APEX/Zenith match and know every single move by name lol :D

Studstill

Smash Ace
Bassic tat sounds awesome, why ot try it out tonight? PM me your skype. Tournament in 13.65 hours!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
"the site" doesn't have a tournament series, just tournaments that you organize on the weekends, one of which i'll be doing this upcoming friday.

Studstill

Smash Ace
You have no respect and without a major attitude change will have nothing to do with the website. You are free to run whatever tournament you would like, and @ Shears Shears encourages you to use Advanced Brackets. I cannot stand to deal with you in any capacity, as you constantly complain and insult the work that we do, such as the online tournament series. You are specifically 'hosting' this tournament at the exact time of our weekly in an effort to disrupt it, as you have successfully twice before. Those events led to your muting in chat and banning from tournaments, but also for conduct reasons such as calling other players f.a. g gots or complaining about rules or seeding during the tournament, in fact calling it "****ing stupid" and calling me personally "a ****ty TO"
This kind of behavior is outrageous. My extreme dislike for you personally has nothing to do with why you aren`t currently welcome to participate in our sponsored tournament series, as I`ve clearly stated above.
I`ve made multiple, public attempts to reconcile our differences, and you have responded with more harassment and negativity.
I welcome you to show any interest in putting aside this conflict for the good of the community. If you had only followed the standard conduct guidelines that all websites of note employ, hell, and just asked if you could run one of the tournaments, I`d happily oblige.
Find me anyone I haven`t offered any responsibility on the site too, with open encouraging arms.
Again, I welcome you to make an effort for reconciliation.
@ Shears Shears

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i'm going to rebuke your points one by one
calling other players f.a. g gots
please do not go there. you've said much worse with much more intended hate. when i say it, it is wholly in jest, and everyone is aware of this.

complaining about rules or seeding during the tournament, in fact calling it "****ing stupid" and calling me personally "a ****ty TO"
this is generally agreed upon. you have banned other people from the chat for agreeing with me (Fireblaster and Kabal), people who decided to join my tournament (which was run better than yours ever will be)

our sponsored tournament series
please do not use the word "our" when referring to supersmashbros64.com.

and just asked if you could run one of the tournaments

[12/10/2014 1:08:56 AM] Studstill: Rob you can seed Fridays tournament if you`d like.
[12/10/2014 1:08:59 AM] Internet Puff Guy: get your **** together sk
[12/10/2014 1:09:05 AM] Star King: I was 2/3 good enough
[12/10/2014 1:09:22 AM] Rob Stone: cool i'll gather my data
[12/10/2014 1:09:24 AM] Studstill: I don`t have a horse in the seeding race, I jsut do it as best it looks.

[12/10/2014 1:09:32 AM] Ducky: POWER OF FRIEDNSHIP
[12/10/2014 1:09:45 AM] Star King: a loose definition of friendship imo
[12/10/2014 1:09:51 AM] Studstill: I`m not friends with almost anyone on here, honestly.
[12/10/2014 1:09:53 AM] Sedda: ur mom is loose
[12/10/2014 1:09:55 AM] Sedda: pwn
[12/10/2014 1:09:56 AM] Rob Stone: you're supposed to have been keeping track of that kind of **** studstill
[12/10/2014 1:09:58 AM] Rob Stone: comes with being a TO

[12/10/2014 1:09:59 AM] Star King: shut up kero
[12/10/2014 1:10:04 AM] Rob Stone: i mentioned that literally the first time you held one
[12/10/2014 1:10:04 AM] Studstill: I have been.
[12/10/2014 1:10:09 AM] Studstill: My seeding is flawless.
[12/10/2014 1:10:16 AM] Rob Stone: ask ducky about that

[12/10/2014 1:10:16 AM] R: i've already created software to track all of the kaillera tournament results
[12/10/2014 1:10:17 AM] Studstill: You can do it on Friday.
[12/10/2014 1:10:21 AM] Ducky: -------
[12/10/2014 1:10:23 AM] Ducky: -________-
[12/10/2014 1:10:24 AM] Studstill: If you`d like.

now, after you said this (publicly, might i add), you then decided to go back on your word. you cried to people in the chat that i was not seeding the tourney, that i was an idiot, that i was banned from the tourney anyway. so in short, you're full of ****.

at this time, i'm going to state that i did in fact change the name of the event as per your whiny request after you made a typical big and disruptive scene in the skype chat (as per usual). you continue to change the name because you're unsatisfied that supersmashbros64.com, a website that you neither own nor operate, is included in the title of my event. even though i did in fact ask shears if i could use that title, and he did in fact say yes.

also at this time, i'm going to publicly ask you to not involve shears in our little talks any longer. ever.

allow me to repeat that.

ever.

please let all that sink in. i have decided to not involve shears in anything henceforth. i have his support in creating the event as well as his green light on the name. please do not outright clash with the owner of the website's interests or undermine him when it comes to someone you do not like. please also do not continue to take credit for things that you have nothing to do with, like writing codes and software. it is very insulting to those who have done a lick of work.

basically, act like an adult instead of a whiny little *****, and you'll be treated like an adult instead of a whiny little *****.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
Warning Received
I own the website. It is mine. I say ours out of respect to Shears and I`s partnership.
You haven`t done **** and honestly man:
Go **** yourself.

To be clear: Go **** yourself. If this is your attempt at an apology it`s laughable.

Fun fact: It`s not cool to call people f.a. g gots even if you are kidding. This is the kind of behavior that you were banned for and the fact that you see nothing wrong with it proves me right. Who gives a **** what I do? Or what you do, when you aren`t in my tournaments. But when you are, like me and all teh other players, you are subject to the basic conduct rules.
I have told you repeatedly why the name is a problem, so you leave me no choice but to delete it.

Yeah and how about when I told you to be there 10 minutes before start to seed it, and you weren`t.
In fact, I know what ****ing happened half of these messages are because I`m concerned that people believe the lies and filth you spew.
Go run your own tournament. Use ****ing challonge.
@ Shears Shears I told you. No apology, no even attempt to find common ground or a workable coexistence.
**** him. He`s banned from anything I have anything to do with until his attitude changes. If this is a problem you and I can discuss it, how you can hold this childs ****ing hand, because I`m done with this bull****.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
how do you manage to make three dumb posts in a row?
I own the website. It is mine
sorry, but no. you have to pay for the domain in order for you to own it, which you do not.

If this is your attempt at an apology it`s laughable.
the fact that you even thought i was apologizing to you is laughable.

It`s not cool to call people f.a. g gots even if you are kidding.
inasmuch as you call people nerds, losers, dickheads, homos, rapists, pedophiles, *****, etcetcetc? please, sit down.

I have told you repeatedly why the name is a problem, so you leave me no choice but to delete it.
allow me to point out this part of my message

i have his support in creating the event as well as his green light on the name.

oh and just in case you think i'm making it up

blacked out information is sensitive and not related to the point at hand

stealth edit i see...

@ Shears Shears I told you. No apology, no even attempt to find common ground or a workable coexistence.
**** him. He`s banned from anything I have anything to do with until his attitude changes. If this is a problem you and I can discuss it, how you can hold this childs ****ing hand, because I`m done with this bull****.
what did i tell you about involving shears further?

i believe i said don't do it. actually, i'll quote myself:
also at this time, i'm going to publicly ask you to not involve shears in our little talks any longer. ever.

allow me to repeat that.

ever.
you're 30 years old. act like it.

edit 2:
Yeah and how about when I told you to be there 10 minutes before start to seed it
i did the seeding anytime someone joined the event, which was a full 3 days before. that way there would be no wasted time trying to seed in the moment. so you see, i was already well-prepared and had the data finished. so, don't be silly.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
I don`t listen to you, idiot. You have zero authority, it`s so strange how you keep commanding me to do things.
I offered you peace, repeatedly, and you spit at me. Go **** yourself.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
so you didn't read the post, as usual. it even has big letters and pictures to help. shame.

Studstill

Smash Ace
I was totally going to work this out with @ Shears Shears and you, but with your attitude it`s impossible.

I read it, and ignored it, because you have nothing of importance to say, lol.
You don`t tell me what to do, lmaoooooooo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
there's nothing to work out. i'm attempting to use shears' bracket software to host a tourney with a different name than yours as you requested, and you're still crying about it. i have also been given the okay by shears, as evidenced by that photo. not sure what part you don't understand.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Get my ****ign website name out of your Tournament. Stop trying to act like you matter, you don`t.
LOL. Or it will keep getting deleted. Shears doesn`t speak for the site, he speaks for himself, as I do.
I understand all of this, you ****.
LOL.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
it's not your website, studstill. when you pay for the domain name, i will happily oblige. until then, it is not your website and i will continue operating as i have been, with the support and okay from shears.

Studstill

Smash Ace
What is a lie you ****ing idiot? Save face? I`m in a ****ing forum arguing with a delusional Momma`s basement dweller.
Save face from what, lol, this scathing encounter where you state ****ign delusions like "I don`t own my website"
Do a WHOIS you ****ing ******.
LOL

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
can you provide any proof that you've paid for the domain name, making it your website?

steve remembers. please don't lie, studstill. you're 30 years old.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
at some point you're going to have to realize that you should be solving your own problems instead of continually tagging shears when he's clearly not responding and en route to his family, where he probably doesn't want to be bothered by your incessant whining.

but do continue trying. it's amusing. at some point you absolutely must realize that you are THIRTY years old and behaving like a 13 year old.

Studstill

Smash Ace
It`s your whining, I`m just telling you how it is. Deal with it. Can someone who isn`t a ****ing moron explain to this fool how to WHOIS.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
in the interest of swf i'll cease this discussion.

just let it be known to everyone that friday's tourney WILL be held by me, and it IS unofficially sponsored by supersmashbros64.com. to join, contact me here or on skype. i'll keep a list of names.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Studbro owns the supersmashbros64.com domain. Shears owns the content of the site. I'd say move the content to the more visually appealing (and easier to type) ssb64.com, which is owned by Bloodpeach.

I don't know who owns advancedbrackets.com because the registrar info is private. (Though it's the same deal – Shears owns the content.)

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
studbro hasn't been paying for the domain name, my friend. he "owns" it like a 17 year old "owns" a car his mother pays the insurance for.

Morin0

Smash Lord
lOL. Yeah, I know that. However, legally, it's his. I think. It's registered under his name. So unless there was some sort of contract that Studstill was going to pay for the domain, there is nothing Shears can do other than stop paying.

Again, plz move the site to ssb64.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom