• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

X1rom

Smash Rookie
This isn't really that relevant but i made a remarkable observation. The online lag isn't that bad. At least not nearly as bad as smash 4. The wii U had a really weak wifi antenna which lead to a lot of lag. And don't get me started on the 3ds. But strangely the connection felt better in smash 4 than in ultimate. And so I've gotten an interresting idea. What if the pace of the game influences how the connection feels. Relative to the pace of the game, the online connection is far worse which leads to an interresting phenomenon. The Tier list is actually completely different online. Link, Samus, Lucas etc are much better. Characters which are supposed to be High or top Tier suddenly become mid to low tiers like marth/lucina, Shulk etc. Projectiles are much harder to avoid and it becomes harder to punish. Meaning if you main any character like Link or Samus, please do not practice online. You'll pick up some very bad habits.

Wobblerbox

Smash Rookie
You are correct, the input delay makes certain characters such as swordies and projectile spammers significantly better online, characters like chrome and marth can throw out aerials, forcing your opponent into a shield, countering with grabs or attacks are extremely hard to punish with since your playing with an additional 5 or so frames of input delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom