• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Questions

freakybeef

Smash Rookie
I have recently started my online experience on Smash. Only problem is...when I do basic brawl...it takes like five minutes to connect to everyone else (IF it connects) then the gameplay has lag....is that normal. I have very fast internet.

My questions are:

1. Is it supposed to be slow and have that lag?
2. Does it usually take a long time to connect to other people waiting in the practice room?
3. Is it laggy in friend play also?
4. In basic brawl...can i switch to stock?
5. How does it determine in basic brawl which level to use and which items...because when I select...it sometimes picks my level. Is it random?

Probably stupid questions for you guys...but its good for me to know.

Thanks

D

Deleted member

1. Really depends on your connection and your opponent's connection
2. It all really depends
3. see number 1
4. You can't.
5. Cpu levels? I don't believe its random. Items? I THINK that the game randomly chooses the opponents or your item choosing. don't really know though.

Hope this helps.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
1. It ALWAYS has input lag but actual lag isn't that common for me.
2. It's pretty random.
3. Usually less laggy but it can still be laggy as hell and there is still always input lag.
4. No.
5. I think it randomly chooses one of the persons items settings.

Yeah, Brawl has awful online. Taunt spamming is fun though, do that on with anyone.

freakybeef

Smash Rookie
Whats the difference between input lag and actual lag?

(edit) But it can be fast in basic brawl? Or always laggy.

JacobWins

Smash Journeyman
Whats the difference between input lag and actual lag?

(edit) But it can be fast in basic brawl? Or always laggy.
actual lag is pretty much a low framerate
button lag is when the game looks smooth and the buttons yo press dont actually register till about a second later(perhaps costing a match)

freakybeef

Smash Rookie
I always have the button lag....things always run smooth for me....but I dont hit until a second later. Will that always happen? Button lag I mean

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
I always have the button lag....things always run smooth for me....but I dont hit until a second later. Will that always happen? Button lag I mean
Usually always but sometimes the input lag is near nothing... In other words you get used to it. :laugh:

(50th post ^_^)

Top Bottom