• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online play with mac?

SN@FU

Smash Rookie
Hi, I just stumbled upon this forum after my friends and I had been playing smash 64 for awhile. Got me interested in playing online with an emulator but from what I can tell its all coded for PC. Is there any way to get a mac running on the server without using a parallels desktop or something to that extent? Thanks~

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
macs aren't designed to play games, they are designed so bill gates can claim he doesn't have a monopoly on the computer industry.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
I have a mac as well, and I havent found a way to play it online yet (i have found a few reasons not to have a mac though). If you find anything out, let me know. Thanks

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
You can play online with the Mac if you have a mutli-OS mac (my cusin has one and she uses PJ64).

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, ill figure out what mine is, because i would love if i could play on my lap top, not just my work computer all the time (but then i might have to get work done, and that would suck, prolly keep my from gettin fired though...so its a toss up i suppose)

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
The only way I ever see a Mac Online Emulator is that if Open Kaillera is ported to Mac, and then I make Mupen64K Multi-OS and someone ports to Mac.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Get a PC. lol. You can't run PJ64 on a Mac OS.

I'm not a fan of Macs but I have to thank Steve Jobs for creating the iPhone.

SN@FU

Smash Rookie
My desktop is a PC and my laptop is a macbook. I figured nothing beats wireless smash64 so i'm trying to get it working on this machine. So is the general consensus that theres no way at the moment? Even if I was just able to play online against specific IPs of friends thats all im really looking for at the moment. Thanks for an help :)

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
My desktop is a PC and my laptop is a macbook. I figured nothing beats wireless smash64 so i'm trying to get it working on this machine. So is the general consensus that theres no way at the moment? Even if I was just able to play online against specific IPs of friends thats all im really looking for at the moment. Thanks for an help :)
use your desktop. macs are incompatible with fun games. wireless internet is slower then wired.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I have a Mac and can only play when I switch over to Windows using Boot Camp. You can't even play with Parallels, it hogs the graphics card.

Boot Camp PJ64k and Mupen64k both work well though. Upgrade to a MacBook and get Boot Camp... it's the only way currently.

-MR

Top Bottom