• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online mode holding an almost month long grudge.

Andydemon

Smash Rookie
So I'm playing in the Tourney Mode back in the 21st or 22nd of October, I set up to join one of the Regular Tournaments, not those player made tourneys. I forget to select my character and get distracted for too long. The game calls me out for forfeiting the tourney and bans me from online play for 10 minutes.

Now some of you are probably thinking "It's your fault for getting distracted." and that's fair. It is my fault, but if you were in my situation you would also think "Oh, I'll just wait it out and play again later."

So I'm playing today, weeks later, and mind you I played on Halloween night and didn't do anything wrong that time. I get distracted without selecting a character for too long again and get banned for forfeiting a tourney again. Oh, so I just have to wait 10 minutes again, right? Nope it was 20 minutes.

So you're telling me that I can accidentally forfeit a tourney, get banned, wait long enough that you'd think that last ban would now be considered moot, only to get banned again for a similar accident only this time the ban stacked with a previous ban from weeks ago?

****! THAT!

PS, Yes I understand that the online mode can't tell the difference between something being done on accident and something being done deliberately, but that's besides the point. The point I'm trying to make is that the penalty end up with shouldn't be stacking with a penalty from weeks ago.

Top Bottom