• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online 64?

Speachami

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if anyone knew of any programs that allow you to play SSB64 online. I've heard of programs such as Project64, but I'm not sure what exactly I would have to do in order to play on these.

Any help would be appreciated by a nostalgic 64 player.

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
The new hip is Mupen64, so you might want to get both. You need a ROM which can be found on the internet, it needs to be the GoodName ROM of Super 'Smash Bros. (U) [!]'. If you checked around, there are some guides on how to set up emulators.

Speachami

Smash Cadet
Can you give me a link to one of those set-up guides. Currently my computer skills are below my grandfather's, who is dead. I've downloaded the Project64 public version, but besides that I'm at a loss. All I see is a window with Good Name, Status, Notes(Core), Notes(default plugins) labled at the top.

How do I play SSB64 on this?

Speachami

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the link, but I'm still having some problems with this program. I've downloaded a SSB64 ROM, but when I go to Choose Rom Directory, I cannot find it on my computer. I'm not sure if this is because of how I saved it, where I saved it, or because I angered the computer gods some way.

_kSo_

Smash Master
if you can't find the rom, go to

Start -> Search -> For Files or Folders

type in "Super Smash Bros. (U) [!]" or whatever it is you downloaded and it should find it.
if you don't remember exactly what it was called, just type in "Super" kuz I highly doubt there are many files on your computer with the word "Super" in it. lol

Top Bottom