• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One thing that irks me...

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
Less about the gameplay, more about the fact that we're playing an older Ike and they reused the audio from Brawl where he still sounds younger. It's just awkward to me. Anyone else feel this way when he's standing there repeating lines from Brawl?

Commander

Smash Ace
His voice didn't change between PoR and RD. Why would his voice change in smash?

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
His voice didn't change between PoR and RD. Why would his voice change in smash?
Hmm, this is true, but I would have at least hoped for a rerecording of the lines? Maybe I'm just being picky.

Commander

Smash Ace
Hmm, this is true, but I would have at least hoped for a rerecording of the lines? Maybe I'm just being picky.
A massive portion of the voices used in Smash have been recorded for years before the game was even an idea(especially for the pokemon). Ike's grunts ere recorded specifically for smash though. In PoR and RD they left the Japanese voice for the few grunts that appeared.

Last edited:

Paperplates

Smash Rookie
Wow.. Ike gets buffed and you complain about the voices? The smash team put so much time into the game and you complain about the voices? This thread is worthless.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
My main problem with the English voice is that it pales in comparison to the Japanese voice.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I thought his voice in Brawl sounded too old for him, so I actually feel the lines fit better now. But I had initially hoped Ike would get some new voice clips. His victory lines are still painful..

D

Deleted member 269706

Wow.. Ike gets buffed and you complain about the voices? The smash team put so much time into the game and you complain about the voices? This thread is worthless.
Couldn't have said it better myself, haha. I was thinking this thread was gonna be about his mechanics or something. But to reply to the OP, I'm really not annoyed by this. I mean he's the same character, would you rather they use a different voice actor? I feel like that would be more irritating, for me at least. The voice clips fit him as is, why change a working formula?

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
Whoah, calm down. I voiced an opinion, and I'm aware it's nitpicky, but it's a simple discussion. I just thought it would have been nice to get some possible different lines and have the voice actor hit a couple octaves lower.

I don't mind the general grunts and such, but since he's one of the more vocal characters, I was hoping for a little extra.

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
My main problem with the English voice is that it pales in comparison to the Japanese voice.
Hmm, now I want to turn on the Japanese voice out of curiosity.

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
You can do that?

...I'm missing out.
I hope so? I can't get to Smash right now so...

EDIT: Nope, never mind. Can't do it.

Last edited:

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
What irks me is Ike is still too stupid to use his Ragnell's ranged attack lol. Why limit yourself for no reason? Ike especially is not a broken character.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
If anything Ike's voice is more fitting now than in Brawl. The voice is pretty good overall ("I fight for my friends" aside), particularly during the actual fighting so I prefer it staying the same. I don't want what happened to Fox happen to Ike.

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
If anything Ike's voice is more fitting now than in Brawl. The voice is pretty good overall ("I fight for my friends" aside), particularly during the actual fighting so I prefer it staying the same. I don't want what happened to Fox happen to Ike.
fox is alright man.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I'm not sure if I think Ike's voice acting was too mature-sounding in Brawl, but I think his voice still sounds fitting for Smash 4.It might've been a slight bit off-putting at first, but to be honest I've gotten used to it.

Top Bottom