• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On nintendo and 2nd/3rd parties.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Link to original post: [drupal=4641]On nintendo and 2nd/3rd parties.[/drupal]

just a minor thing that gets on my nerves: whenever anyone mentions certain Nintendo Series and somone says "this series was made by Nintendo," some bastich comes up and says " no no no! this was made by Company A!!"

examples:

EBA was made by Nintendo-no no no! this was made by iNiS!

pokemon was made by Nintendo-no no no! this was made by game freak!

Professor layton was made by Nintendo - no no no! this was made by Level-5!

you see what i mean? i can understand the credit going to the 2nd or 3rd party companies that made them, but they are still bloody nintendo IPs- they are only going to be on Nintendo systems (unless it's like a Rare complex, but tnats a story for another day). because going by that Loic, ratchet & clank, Uncharted, & resistance aren't sony games. or the Zelda games on handhelds are capcom games. It's like toy Story- It's made by pixar, but still a Disney series.

so long story short, THEY ARE STILL NINTENDO GAMES, SO STOP BAWWING IF SOMEONE SAYS IT'S MADE BY NINTENDO. that is all.

D

Deleted member

Layton is third-party and is not a Nintendo series.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Okay, well you should realize that:

A. This has nothing to do with third parties. Because third party games can't be made by Nintendo. That would make no sense.

B. Level-5 is not a second party of Nintendo.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I agree with shortie. Even if Level-5's Prof. Layton is a Great Game, it doesn't count as 2nd party characters.

But there will be an Ace Attourney crossover w/ Layton.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can see a legitimate argument for lumping second parties subsidiaries like Project Sora and Intelligent Systems with Nintendo, but there is no way you're convincing anyone in a claim that Killer Freaks from Outer Space (Wii U exclusive being developed by Ubisoft) is being made by Nintendo.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Okay, well you should realize that:

A. This has nothing to do with third parties. Because third party games can't be made by Nintendo. That would make no sense.

B. Level-5 is not a second party of Nintendo.
the issue gets iffy when Third parties assist in making Nintendo games(and yeah, i know Level 5 is an indie 3rd like what id was) like what Capcom Did with first cuple Zelda games, TN did with Other m, etc.

For exapmle, Dark cloud is usually Classified as a Sony IP, yet it's made by Lev. 5 as well. no beef there now is it? with Layton though, it's an oddball- It's like Eternal darkness: for the tiome being, it's classified as an Ninty IP, until otherwise, like Perfect dark and conker were.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Unless I'm mistaken, most people have always associated Perfect Dark and Conker with Rare, not Nintendo, and "games made by Sony" have always carried the reputation of "a bunch of crap and that one good game called Ico".

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Perfect Dark and Conker with Rare
Exactly. Characters like Conker and Banjo were never "owned" by Nintendo. They were 2nd parties at one point and (Banjo) probably would have made it into smash at SOME point if the series wasn't sold, but it was. Conker and Banjo are Rare IP's. Rare probably would have been perfectly fine with their characters being added into smash when they were a third party.

If Camelot ever got sold, I'm not exactly sure where Isaac/Matthew stand, but if it's similar to Conker or Banjo, they would never see Smash either.

And then ultimately, there is a major difference between 3rd party exclusive games, and Nintendo games. But you probably already knew that.

Top Bottom