• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On New Smash DLC

Which kind of DLC input would you prefer for new Smash?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd definitely prefer free balancing over paying for extra characters. The roster needs a limit for balancing's sake anyways, I'd rather avoid another Meta Knight than just getting a bunch of characters which would just screw with the balance even more post-release.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say, why not both?

But post release balancing would be best so we don't get stupid glitches like Bigglypuff and I can use Meta Knight without feeling dirty.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Patches for Characters maybe? But leave the glitches in. Part of what makes smash bros fun. Here's hoping people find a way to play as Bob-Omb or Giant Giga Bowser and create a vortex of crates that decimate all in it's path.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why not both options?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah, I most likely see both, so it's hard to choose. Anyways, I don't understand why some people hate DLC, if you feel it's unneeded then don't download, don't complain that it's there.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The question is which one you'd prefer, so I take it it's a "you can only get on of them" scenarios we're imagining here.
Oh okay.

Characters and such.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I chose Balancing, becuase it's actually something that should have been in the game to begin with. So, I think it's more of a need than a bonus, unlike characters.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Bug fixes and re-balancing patches would be welcome for me, mainly for game breaking stuff.

Even DLC characters could be re-balanced if they manage to have some game breaking quirks.

I think DLC characters should be released in downloadable expansion packs that would also include new stages, music and trophies. That way, the game gets expanded beyond the initial content.

Example:
Zelda Pack I
Playable character: Ghirahim
Stage: Clock Town (from Majora's Mask)
Music: Clock Town Theme Remix, Kakariko Village, Stone Tower Temple, Majora's Mask Battle, Midna's Theme
Assist Trophy: Octorok
Costume: Zora Armor (for Link)

Another idea would be releasing multiple packs in a bundle, much like what happens with Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Imagine these packs that could be bundled with the previous example with a lower price:
[collapse="Additional packs"]Zelda Pack II
Playable character: Tingle
Stage: Tingle Tower (from Wind Waker)
Music: Tingle's Tower (Four Swords Adventures), Mini-Game Theme (Ocarina of Time), <Music tracks from the Tingle games>
Assist Trophy: Uncle Rupee
Costumes: Midna's Clothes (for Zelda)

Zelda Pack III
Playable character: Impa
Stage: Sealed Grounds (from Skyward Sword
Music: Imprisoned Battle Remix, Sheik's Theme (Ocarina of Time), Sealed Temple
Assist Trophy: Moblin
Costumes: Impa's Outfit (for Sheik)[/collapse]

Just my thoughts in this matter.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Bug fixes and re-balancing patches would be welcome for me, mainly for game breaking stuff.

Even DLC characters could be re-balanced if they manage to have some game breaking quirks.

I think DLC characters should be released in downloadable expansion packs that would also include new stages, music and trophies. That way, the game gets expanded beyond the initial content.

Example:
Zelda Pack I
Playable character: Ghirahim
Stage: Clock Town (from Majora's Mask)
Music: Clock Town Theme Remix, Kakariko Village, Stone Tower Temple, Majora's Mask Battle, Midna's Theme
Assist Trophy: Octorok
Costume: Zora Armor (for Link)

Another idea would be releasing multiple packs in a bundle, much like what happens with Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Imagine these packs that could be bundled with the previous example with a lower price:
[collapse="Additional packs"]Zelda Pack II
Playable character: Tingle
Stage: Tingle Tower (from Wind Waker)
Music: Tingle's Tower (Four Swords Adventures), Mini-Game Theme (Ocarina of Time), <Music tracks from the Tingle games>
Assist Trophy: Uncle Rupee
Costumes: Midna's Clothes (for Zelda)

Zelda Pack III
Playable character: Impa
Stage: Sealed Grounds (from Skyward Sword
Music: Imprisoned Battle Remix, Sheik's Theme (Ocarina of Time), Sealed Temple
Assist Trophy: Moblin
Costumes: Impa's Outfit (for Sheik)[/collapse]

Just my thoughts in this matter.
Cool I got a few ideas for these:

Fire Emblem Pack I
Playable character: Lucina
Stage: Dragon's Table
Music: Champion, Destiny, Decisive Battle, Stalwarts Unite, Join Us
Assist Trophy: Hector
Costume: Mia (for Lucina)

Earthbound Pack I
Playable character: Flint
Stage: Magicant
Music: Flying Whatchamacallit, Going Alone, Level Up jingle, Drago Boss battle, Pollyana
Assist Trophy: Boney
Costume: Ninten Outfit (for Ness)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I really think we should get both, albeit gradually. Awakening's DLC is awesome and has as I understand been a huge success. I can't see them not wanting to try something similar with their Smash hit series now that they've got their feet in the water. I also love the idea of character packs. Brilliant. I'll do a couple:

Kong Pack I

Character: Dixie Kong
Stage: Northern Kremisphere
Music: Krematoa, Northern Kremisphere, Big Boss Boogie, Enchanted Riverbank, Stilt Village (GBA).
Assist Trophy: Kiddy Kong
Costume: Tiny Kong Outfit (for Dixie)

Kong Pack II

Character: Funky Kong
Stage: Funky's Flights
Music: Funky's Fugue, Funky the Main Monkey, Funky's Workshop, Funky's Armory (SO MUCH FUNKY), Mario Kart Wii Theme, Mekanos
Assist Trophy: Candy Kong
Costume: Funky's Outfit (for DK and/or K. Rool)
Costume 2: Banjo's Outfit (for Funky) Please?

Mother Pack I

Character: Masked Man
Stage: The Final Needle
Music: Strone One (Masked Man), Strong One (Remix), Natural Killer Cyborg, Love Theme (Remix), Serious/Fate, F-F-Fire!, Theme of Porky (Remix)
Assist Trophy: Pigmasks
Costume: Pigmask Uniform

Poke-Pack I

Character: Zoroark
Stage: N's Castle
Music: Team Plasma Battle B/W (Original), N's Battle Theme B/W2, Unova Champion Theme B/W2, Hoeen Champion Theme B/W2 (Please?) Skyla Gym Theme, B/W 2 Credits Theme
Assist Trophy: Zorua + N
Costume: Ghetsis Outfit (For Red or Mewtwo)

(I'm of those people still silently rooting for Zoroark as non-DLC, but alas.)

Mario Pack 1

Character: Waluigi
Stage: Mario Sports Stadium
Music: Mario Tennis Open Main Theme, Mario Super Sluggers Opening Theme, Wuhu Island, Rainbow Road MK7, Mario Kart 7 Medley, Mario Sports Medley (That would be amazing!)
Assist Trophy: Kart Racers
Costume: Waluigi Costume (Wario)

I'll think of more later.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Keep in mind the limited storage space on current wii u's. About 22GB on the deluxe and about 5GB on the standard. Updates and Patches to games aren't stored on the disc, they chew chunks out of the Wii U's memory.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I really think we should get both, albeit gradually. Awakening's DLC is awesome and has as I understand been a huge success. I can't see them not wanting to try something similar with their Smash hit series now that they've got their feet in the water. I also love the idea of character packs. Brilliant. I'll do a couple:

Kong Pack I

Character: Dixie Kong
Stage: Northern Kremisphere
Music: Krematoa, Northern Kremisphere, Big Boss Boogie, Enchanted Riverbank, Stilt Village (GBA).
Assist Trophy: Kiddy Kong
Costume: Tiny Kong Outfit (for Dixie)

Kong Pack II

Character: Funky Kong
Stage: Funky's Flights
Music: Funky's Fugue, Funky the Main Monkey, Funky's Workshop, Funky's Armory (SO MUCH FUNKY), Mario Kart Wii Theme, Mekanos
Assist Trophy: Candy Kong
Costume: Funky's Outfit (for DK and/or K. Rool)
Costume 2: Banjo's Outfit (for Funky) Please?

Mother Pack I

Character: Masked Man
Stage: The Final Needle
Music: Strone One (Masked Man), Strong One (Remix), Natural Killer Cyborg, Love Theme (Remix), Serious/Fate, F-F-Fire!, Theme of Porky (Remix)
Assist Trophy: Pigmasks
Costume: Pigmask Uniform

Poke-Pack I

Character: Zoroark
Stage: N's Castle
Music: Team Plasma Battle B/W (Original), N's Battle Theme B/W2, Unova Champion Theme B/W2, Hoeen Champion Theme B/W2 (Please?) Skyla Gym Theme, B/W 2 Credits Theme
Assist Trophy: Zorua + N
Costume: Ghetsis Outfit (For Red or Mewtwo)

(I'm of those people still silently rooting for Zoroark as non-DLC, but alas.)

Mario Pack 1

Character: Waluigi
Stage: Mario Sports Stadium
Music: Mario Tennis Open Main Theme, Mario Super Sluggers Opening Theme, Wuhu Island, Rainbow Road MK7, Mario Kart 7 Medley, Mario Sports Medley (That would be amazing!)
Assist Trophy: Kart Racers
Costume: Waluigi Costume (Wario)

I'll think of more later.
I didn't put MM as my mother DLC, because I think of him as being in the game, so I put Flint Norris, nice choice of songs for the game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I didn't put MM as my mother DLC, because I think of him as being in the game, so I put Flint Norris, nice choice of songs for the game.

I'm still hopin' for that, sort of like with Zoroark, but I guess I'm one of those worst-case people. And thanks, I figured those were some of the best and fit pretty well. :cool:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm still hopin' for that, sort of like with Zoroark, but I guess I'm one of those worst-case people. And thanks, I figured those were some of the best and fit pretty well. :cool:
I think of making a thread for making these, since this is sorta off-topic for this thread what do you think?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
F-Zero Pack

Character: Samurai Goroh
Stage: ... Another F-Zero stage directly ported with a floating platform I guess
Music: Some of the Character Themes from GX
Assist Trophy: Pico
Costume: Rick Wheeler (Captain Falcon)

Sonic Pack 1

Character: Tails
Stage: Chemical Plant Zone
Music: Chemical Plant, E.G.G.M.A.N., Metropolis Zone, Stardust Speedway (Both versions)
Assist Trophy: Motobug
Costume: Metal Sonic (Sonic)

Sonic Pack 2

Character: Shadow
Stage: Space Colony Ark
Music: For Final Story, All Hail Shadow, Supporting Me
Assist Trophy: E-123 Omega
Costume: Shadow Android (Shadow)

Mega Man Pack (Assuming MM is in)

Character: Zero
Stage: Central Highway
Music: Central Highway, Enter Zero (MM X1), Vs Zero (MM X2)
Assist Trophy: Vile
Costume: Mega Man X (For Mega Man classic)

Star Fox Pack

Character: Krystal
Stage: Krasoa Palace
Music: [to come]
Assist Trophy: Tricky
Costume: Adventure Attire (Fox and/or Krystal)

This is fun!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It's probably gonna be both, but if I can only choose one, then characters and such. In the end, I play Brawl a lot too and the fact that I know everything about it and there's not gonna be something new bugs me more than the fact that it's really unbalanced.

buirac

Smash Cadet
It's probably gonna be both, but if I can only choose one, then characters and such. In the end, I play Brawl a lot too and the fact that I know everything about it and there's not gonna be something new bugs me more than the fact that it's really unbalanced.
Even if tastes on DLC are subjective, I'm glad someone justifies the paid character choice. But the thing is Newcomers would probably stop sprouting sometime, and then the fact you "know everything about [SSB4] and there's not gonna be something new" would be as true as the unbalanced roster, so I don't know if this point is really solid. Maybe you've got other reasons.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Patches for Characters maybe? But leave the glitches in. Part of what makes smash bros fun. Here's hoping people find a way to play as Bob-Omb or Giant Giga Bowser and create a vortex of crates that decimate all in it's path.
That might not be possible. For example the devlopers never balanced melee thinking that wave dashing would be a thing. Even though that is more of an exploit some glitches may lead to balancing issues or even worse playablity issues.

Top Bottom