• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On My Mind

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=1354]On My Mind[/drupal]

I figured it was time to throw another blog onto smashboards. It's a fun feature and helps you to know people. I wanted to get some things written down as well.

Something that's been on my mind for a while is Brawl. I've been off and on the game for the past year, but I finally got used to it and am no fixed on it. This is mostly due to my going to my first tourney. Out of one-hundred people, I placed the twenty-fifth. I lost to HAT.

I wasn't bothered by it, I was very happy with my performance. Since then (and this tourney was Brawl at the Mall, fyi) I've been steadily getting better. Unfortunately, it feels like smash is an unrealistic goal. If I ever have the change, I'll play it, but I'm entering my college years. I haven't gotten a job to pay for tourneys or the transport to get there. I'm also a dedicated writer, so I find it has priority over smash.

I know that in the future, I'll try and be active, but I missed the Brawl Till You Fall tourney, which I had also wanted to go to. Sometimes, it feels unrealistic, and I'm not the kind of person to drive even an hour away for a tourney (unless I had time and money to blow off; chances are, I won't win tourneys for a while).

But right now, besides myself, my concerns lie in some of my smash friends. One of them is doing poorly and wants to do well. The other is a moron...lol... One of them is too cheap to spend money. Lastly, the other is the same as me, and wouldn't drive an hour away.

I'm more concerned with the first. He's having problems choosing a character. I personally don't believe he has a smash mindset.

Aside from these problems, and my mention of writing foreshadows this particular predicament, is I'm having trouble writing (a dry spell, unfortunately). It's all due to my writing atmosphere, which sucks horrribly. Problem is I want to write, which doesn't bode well for my insanity.

Lastly, I'm feeling

D

Deleted member

You've just gotta let go of some things in life. I used to enjoy playing hockey, but now, I seldom have time to play hockey, or any other sport.

See, as you age, many things must be discontinued, because you just don't have time any longer. Sometimes, you just have to stop doing what you love, because unfortunatly, that's life.

I used so many commas in that reply...

Top Bottom