• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omega stages discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerSpam

Smash Rookie
it is of no surprise that Super Smash Bros for WiiU and 3DS offer the option to fight on Final Destination or "Omega" variants of each stage making for an easy Neutral all around. However differences between such stages go beyond aesthetics, even if they're flat surfaces.

In this thread I wish to discuss multiple elements:

• stage hit-boxes/ledges, and what advantages this may give to certain characters in terms of lege-gaurding, camping, gimping etc.
  • stage size particularly in the Wii U version. some omega stages are bigger than others allowing for up to six or eight players to battle. I wish to know how size effects legality in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 competative matches.
  • friction (probably an irrelevant factor since there are neither ice stages nor wave-dashes)
  • blastzones: although Directional Influence has been nerfed along with Fox's U-Smash, I wish to know differences in KO percentage per fighter depending on the stage

Edwerd

Smash Rookie
I understand the concept of omega stages but i kinda wish some For Glory stages had some platforms to add some variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom