• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ollys Spike

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
Ollys d-air I know is a spike, but I am not sure where in the hit box to spike them with. I good portion of the time I hit them off to the side. I'm pretty sure that it is just on the very tip of the hit box right as you attack but I am just making sure. Thanks.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
I may be wrong in saying this, but it seems that red and purple pikmin have greater spike hitboxes than the other 3. All 5 are relatively around the tip, where I think red and purple are a little on the sides as well.

keeper

Smash Champion
They have to be right below and near you when it comes out. Otherwise it stuns or just hits them lightly. If they are to the side, it launches them up and to that side.

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys. I appreciate it, and I notice I'm doing it a lot more now. I think I was just miss timing it, and knowing where it is helped me time it a lot better. Thanks again guys, you can kill this thread if its not useful to anyone else.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
*kills*

I used to be scared to do it, but now I spike whenever I get the chance.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
I hate to say this, but there are tons of other forums with this same question...simple answer is red and purple are easiest to spike with IMO and the other 3 require momentum to pull them off it seems.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
hmm...interesting, i've had an easier time with the yellow for some reason. it looks and sounds cooler too. :)

Top Bottom