• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's Final Smash - How to Use It Fully?

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Hello. I haven't had any good opportunities to experiment with Olimar's final smash, so I have a few questions. How can Olimar's final smash be used to its maximum potential? Is there a certain way it should be used? Should Olimar users activate the final smash immediately, or wait for specific opportunities? Any advice on how to use Olimar's final smash?

Any information is appreciated.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Use it when someone is above you and you will damage them. If someone is on a platform above you, use it and they will be stuck to the platform (as if DK headbutted them) and will be suseptible to the ship's crash landing. That's pretty much all there is to it!

Hashire Kazemeijin

Smash Cadet
I've heard rumors that state that one could hold left or right and aim the ship like a Warpstar if done during takeoff. I have tried this to no avail, but It could be that I'm doing something wrong, or it's just a false rumor. If anyone could clarify this it would be beneficial to a lot of Olimar players.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
I've heard rumors that state that one could hold left or right and aim the ship like a Warpstar if done during takeoff. I have tried this to no avail, but It could be that I'm doing something wrong, or it's just a false rumor. If anyone could clarify this it would be beneficial to a lot of Olimar players.
I've confirmed this and pretty much all of Olimar's Final Smash stuff.

You can control where the rocket will fall by doing something similar to DI, but ONLY BEFORE THE ROCKET TAKES OFF.

Foe's in the ground next to the ship get pitfalled.

In the air, the rocket turbine is a super-spike.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
How close do foes have to be, in order to get stuck into the ground?

Fino

Smash Master
How close do foes have to be, in order to get stuck into the ground?
practically right next to you. let's put it this way, if the flames of the rocket touch them they should get buried.

~Fino

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that you can get people on platforms above you at low percentages, if high you just hit them

TheKingOfFuzz

Smash Rookie
I can't confirm the ability to steer the space ship, as Pyr0 mentioned . . .

But I have been able to stick enemy players in the ground by activating the final smash either

A: right on top of them.

or

B: About half an Olimar-length above them.

If you can stick the opposing player(s) into the ground, you'll generally be able to nail them with the spaceship as you return to the stage, more or less ensuring a KO.

The descent also seems to have a little bit of a blast radius to it.

Kaoz

Smash Cadet
If your foes get pitfalled by your rocket, they can still free of the pitfall ( I dont know what triggers it but my brother always clicks on all the buttons :p) and dodge or escape the rocket crash.

Fino

Smash Master
I can, I tested it while playing online last night. You can steer upon take off (you can see your ship turning the way you're moving) and it will come down at that spot. Which, just to point out is a potential weakness as all you have to do it stay away from where you saw the ship DI to.

~Fino

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Can you control where the ship lands? Or does it always land in the center of the stage?

Cervantes

Smash Rookie
Can you control where the ship lands? Or does it always land in the center of the stage?
Yeah, Olimar's Ship will always aim for the center of the stage. And, no, you can't control where it lands. I've used this Final Smash over a hundred times. You just can't control it.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Yeah, Olimar's Ship will always aim for the center of the stage. And, no, you can't control where it lands. I've used this Final Smash over a hundred times. You just can't control it.
you control where it will land in the starting animation of it, before it takes off.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
you control where it will land in the starting animation of it, before it takes off.
So, it is possible to make the ship land somewhere else besides the center of the stage?

Top Bottom