• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's Amiibo is Awe-Inspiring

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Getting mine in just a week or two! Will go nicely next to Dedede on my PM shelf.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Getting mine in just a week or two! Will go nicely next to Dedede on my PM shelf.
I'm planning on getting R.O.B. and Lucas (whenever that's going to be revealed). I was thinking of possibly getting a King Dedede Amiibo if I still had enough leftover money, but due to the Shovel Knight amiibo becoming a thing, I doubt that I'll decide to buy the King.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else upset about how the pikmin look? Those arms are wayy to fat! They look wrong! Pikmin have this uncanny valley sort a thing if one thing is wrong they look very wrong! Anyway anyone know where to get the olimar amiibo? Do I have to pre-order?

Last edited:

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else upset about how the pikmin look? Those arms are wayy to fat! They look wrong! Pikmin have this uncanny valley sort a thing if one thing is wrong they look very wrong! Anyway anyone know where to get the olimar amiibo? Do I have to pre-order?
Eh, despite the stubbier-than usual limbs, I think the Pikmin look fine.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Anyway anyone know where to get the olimar amiibo? Do I have to pre-order?
As far as I know, the Olimar amiibo isn't exclusive to any retailer. I don't know how rare it'll be (I haven't seen pre-orders sold out anywhere, so there may actually be a decent stock of them), but pre-ordering would probably help ensure you get one.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I just got mine. :)

It's well made... I just can't decide what to name it.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
I too have mine, and the sheer details up-close are a glorious sight to behold. I've named the Red Suited Alph "Alphimar," due to Alph looking like Olimar (TBH, I still think he pulls off the Olimar look better than the Family Man himself does).

I gave him the 2233 Custom Loadout, and made sure to introduce him to various MUs (good for him early on, & bad for him later on) starting from LVL 10, all the way to LVL 50. Until LVL 10, I myself repped 2233 Alph at Omega Garden of Hope (thee Garden of Hope theme is peaceful :happysheep:, though horribly unsuitable as a fight song. As a slice of life song in an anime styled after Sketchbook ~full color'S~ or Aria the Animation/Natural/OVA/Origination, it'd be top tier-- *Suddenly fantasizes about various slice-of-life moments featuring all the Captains from throughout the series (even the President of Hocotate Freight!) during their off-duty civilian lives*) for Round 1 and took him to Miiverse round 2 because platforms and lulzy/:cool: posts in the background.

Anyways, I've also taken him to numerous other legal stages like Startersville, T&C, Delfino, Dream Land 64, Castle Siege, and even Kongo Jungle 64, and more.

As for MUs, I've sicced the Custom Special Stars on him, like 3233 DK the Last Airbender, 3313 Customzard, 3321 Custom Trainer, 2322 Customtena, and more, withOUT any equipment whatsoever, even though Alphimar himself seems to put some on as he levels up without my permission. I've also made sure to sic :4ryu:, 3122 :4duckhunt:, and especially 2223 :4ludwig: on him for last at LVL 45+.

Outside of Sm4sh, his MK8 outfit for the Miis is definitely among my favorites to run as a Mii (The 1 Red Pikmin hanging onto my helmet is both mo~e and cool. XD) alongside the :4pacman: & :4falcon: (Mute City & Big Blue are race-able tracks in it. :>) outfits, and the 8-bit rendition of him is among my favorites to run alongside :4bowserjr:, the upcoming :4duckhunt: once the Retro 3-Pack comes out, & especially Digby (and whoever else might still be hidden away in the 100-Mario Challenge (Easy) runs that I don't have yet, like Timmy & Tommy, K.K. Slider, Blathers, and hopefully Bandanna Dee, Charlie, & Brittany), since aside from Coshidragonite on dA/FA and his upcoming Amiibo, he hardly gets any love to the point of people forgetting who he is, often due to his sister Isabelle (in terms of sheer appearances, I'd say she was Nintendo's answer to FF13's Lightning.... :sheep:) completely overshadowing him.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I too have mine, and the sheer details up-close are a glorious sight to behold. I've named the Red Suited Alph "Alphimar," due to Alph looking like Olimar (TBH, I still think he pulls off the Olimar look better than the Family Man himself does).

I gave him the 2233 Custom Loadout, and made sure to introduce him to various MUs (good for him early on, & bad for him later on) starting from LVL 10, all the way to LVL 50. Until LVL 10, I myself repped 2233 Alph at Omega Garden of Hope (thee Garden of Hope theme is peaceful :happysheep:, though horribly unsuitable as a fight song. As a slice of life song in an anime styled after Sketchbook ~full color'S~ or Aria the Animation/Natural/OVA/Origination, it'd be top tier-- *Suddenly fantasizes about various slice-of-life moments featuring all the Captains from throughout the series (even the President of Hocotate Freight!) during their off-duty civilian lives*) for Round 1 and took him to Miiverse round 2 because platforms and lulzy/:cool: posts in the background.

Anyways, I've also taken him to numerous other legal stages like Startersville, T&C, Delfino, Dream Land 64, Castle Siege, and even Kongo Jungle 64, and more.

As for MUs, I've sicced the Custom Special Stars on him, like 3233 DK the Last Airbender, 3313 Customzard, 3321 Custom Trainer, 2322 Customtena, and more, withOUT any equipment whatsoever, even though Alphimar himself seems to put some on as he levels up without my permission. I've also made sure to sic :4ryu:, 3122 :4duckhunt:, and especially 2223 :4ludwig: on him for last at LVL 45+.

Outside of Sm4sh, his MK8 outfit for the Miis is definitely among my favorites to run as a Mii (The 1 Red Pikmin hanging onto my helmet is both mo~e and cool. XD) alongside the :4pacman: & :4falcon: (Mute City & Big Blue are race-able tracks in it. :>) outfits, and the 8-bit rendition of him is among my favorites to run alongside :4bowserjr:, the upcoming :4duckhunt: once the Retro 3-Pack comes out, & especially Digby (and whoever else might still be hidden away in the 100-Mario Challenge (Easy) runs that I don't have yet, like Timmy & Tommy, K.K. Slider, Blathers, and hopefully Bandanna Dee, Charlie, & Brittany), since aside from Coshidragonite on dA/FA and his upcoming Amiibo, he hardly gets any love to the point of people forgetting who he is, often due to his sister Isabelle (in terms of sheer appearances, I'd say she was Nintendo's answer to FF13's Lightning.... :sheep:) completely overshadowing him.
I never expected to see Sketchbook and Pikmin discussed in the same post. Those are two of my all time favorite things. While it's hard for me to imagine Olimar, Louie, Alph and co. off duty, I think that's an interesting idea.

Also, now that I have seen the Olimar amiibo firsthand, I think Pikmin-ism42's post was spot on. It looks really good and is surprisingly detailed. At first I was a little worried about it getting some wear and tear from use, but I put it in one of these HORI amiibo display cases and now I can scan it without having to remove it from the case, which is pretty convenient.

I'm not sure if I'll really use it in Smash much, since I already play as Olimar a lot. I've thought about making it an Alph teammate for team stuff, though I'd almost rather have a teammate with a different moveset for variety's sake.

Top Bottom