• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar

Rampage

vx
Now, I've heard that olimar gets ***** by marth from a few people but I just can't see how this works. Whenever I play an olimar I always get *****. Can you guys give me some tips on how to beat olimar? Thanks in advance

Cyberfrost849

Smash Rookie
Well my friends a nasty Olimar main so i think i can help =)

First of all, as Marth, YOU have the advantage of spacing with your sword, while Olimar has reach with his Pikmin. For the most part from what i've been through, your attacks and smashes SHOULD have priority, so use that to your advantage, though his grab has distance with blue/red/yellow pikmin, so watch out for those. I usually try to keep Olimar on the ground since i don't want to get Fair'd because it does alot of damage, and it's also because Olimar's moves are too slow to keep up with Marth's on the ground, so use some chain combos and smashes to increase his %. He may still short hop+Fair, but who doesn't do that. =/ Try and stay on Olimar so he doesn't pile up damage on you, because he can, and FAST. YOU have to be faster.

If a white pikmin gets thrown on you, go on the aggressive on Olimar so you take the Pikmin off while piling up damage on Olimar. You don't want to stop and kill the pikmin. Olimar WILL take advantage of that if you leave yourself open.

The best advantage i feel in the matchup is edgeguarding. Olimar's biggest weakness is his recovery, which sucks and can be countered pretty easily. All you have to do is either Fair, Dair to a spike, or just hang on the ledge and bam, your up a life.

Hope i helped...

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Use a lot of aerials, you want to avoid that nasty grab. Make sure you DI back after you fair oli so you can avoid a possible shield grab. Other than that just listen to cyberfrost, he pretty much nailed it.

If oli does jump in the air i've found you can always punish him for it with your range and priority.

Oh, and hit him off the stage. It works.

Top Bottom